The joys of being in a relationship

When your upset or in a bad mood, you've got someone who knows when to leave you alone, and someone who knows exactly when to give you the world's biggest hug without saying a word.

Someone who knows all your favourite wines and makes sure they're in the fridge when they know you're on your way back from a hard day.

I've got a second best friend who can do that! Apart from the back from a hard day at work bit (it's the pub for us) :thumbsup:

Just having someone..............there, whether it's next to you on the sofa, in a different room, or in a different town.

Knowing that an " I love YOU" text will be reciprocated whatever time of day or night.

Knowing when hes on the PC and you're sniffling at a sad film, he hears you and comes through with a tissue saying

" you daft sod ".

Knowing he won't mind if you tape Corrie if it clashes with the footie (thats TRUE love !).

Knowing that he will bring you loo roll if you run out mid way , and will still love you.

Knowing that he likes a Madras, but when you make a homemade one its going to be mild, and he still says it's delicious.

Knowing that when you come home from work, a glass of wine/ cuppa is going to be poured and waiting

Knowing that you are loved , and always will be.

Just having someone..............there, whether it's next to you on the sofa, in a different room, or in a different town.

Knowing that an " I love YOU" text will be reciprocated whatever time of day or night.

Knowing when hes on the PC and you're sniffling at a sad film, he hears you and comes through with a tissue saying

" you daft sod ".

Knowing he won't mind if you tape Corrie if it clashes with the footie (thats TRUE love !).

Knowing that he will bring you loo roll if you run out mid way , and will still love you.

Knowing that he likes a Madras, but when you make a homemade one its going to be mild, and he still says it's delicious.

Knowing that when you come home from work, a glass of wine/ cuppa is going to be poured and waiting

Knowing that you are loved , and always will be.

Steady on fibs...steady on!

It's the little things that make it so special.

Like when I get out of bed after a rough night looking like crap and he tells me I look beautiful. When I get home after a night or 2 away with work and a 4 hour drive to boot and the bath is ran for me, he takes my case and tells me to leave it till the morning.. brings me a cuppa and a ciggie.

When he tries to help with the housework.. even though no matter how he does it.. it's rarely as clean as I would have it!

Me and my partner were together before- 10 years ago... and even though we have spent 8 apart (apart from the odd fling).. the way I know him so well, and vice versa.

The way he gets excited over our plans for the future... holiday, saving for a mortgage, marraige, kids and own business! The way he turns over and wraps me up in his arms when I'm stirring in my sleep. The way he stroked the inside of my leg and my stomach.. even tho I complain cos they r very wobbly.. he smacks my hand away and tells me I'm sexy!!

I can't think of anything else, some of the things people have already said!

It's the little things that make it so special.

Like when I get out of bed after a rough night looking like crap and he tells me I look beautiful. When I get home after a night or 2 away with work and a 4 hour drive to boot and the bath is ran for me, he takes my case and tells me to leave it till the morning.. brings me a cuppa and a ciggie.

When he tries to help with the housework.. even though no matter how he does it.. it's rarely as clean as I would have it!

Me and my partner were together before- 10 years ago... and even though we have spent 8 apart (apart from the odd fling).. the way I know him so well, and vice versa.

The way he gets excited over our plans for the future... holiday, saving for a mortgage, marraige, kids and own business! The way he turns over and wraps me up in his arms when I'm stirring in my sleep. The way he stroked the inside of my leg and my stomach.. even tho I complain cos they r very wobbly.. he smacks my hand away and tells me I'm sexy!!

I can't think of anything else, some of the things people have already said!

I know what you mean. You find a comfort zone where you get used to one another and even the minor irritations would be missed.

My OH has a motorbike and is off to the Isle of Man in about a week. I won't see him for 2 weeks.

2 weeks without having the quilt pulled off during the night. 2 weeks without the farts in bed, or being woken when someone needs a pee at 2 am. 2 weeks without snoring or having cold feet on your backside. Still I am sure he will get used to it.:D