Balti King Worst Curry House, Broomhill

we eat from there all the time, get a takeaway, and my bf has been there quite a few times, neither of us has had any major problems, the food was fine. The only problem we have ever had, are the delivery drivers charging what they want, but we complained and they have never sent those drivers again!

It does what it sets out to do very well in my opinion - that is to serve cheap slop to people who dont know better, either because they've never been before or they've had 10 pints of Stella first. The place stays afloat on the constant supply of new students and the annual kitchen fire insurance job - (er, allegedly).

excuse me dont know better??? like i say my family have had quite a few curries from there, so what does that suggest about us?

I believe the following limerick was specially written by a recent visitor to Balti King.

There was a young student from Surrey

Who found a dead rat in his curry

His naan had got lice

there were fleas in his rice

He won't eat there again in a hurry!

Its not crap and we have never had any problems from there.

The curries taste good, yea not the best i have ever had but they are fine! That doesn't mean that i am happy to eat crap!

A few years ago, there were almost no alternatives in Sheffield to Balti King style curries (pre-cooked sloppy sauces with a few chunks of meat thrown in at the last minute).

Now there are plenty of places that do much better food, with spices added to the meat or vegetables during the cooking process. The range of flavours is amazing compared to the monotonous goo served up in BK and similar places and the prices are usually the same or lower.

Try some of the grills on the Wicker, East and West on Abbeydale Road or Cafe Masala in Upperthorpe - many deliver - or any of the places recommended in other threads on the forum.

When you have eaten some of these (often much much drier) curries, you might find yourself agreeing that BK serves pretty poor food.

Holy Jesus, the curries DO NOT TASTE GOOD. They're crap!!

You'd get better out of a Tesco value jar!

Take a trip to Bradford and try a proper curry up there - you'll never eat that BK rubbish again, proper curry all the way:thumbsup:

Or as Pete MO1 has said, there are some great places much closer such as Cafe Masala or Taste of Kashmir on Barber Road.

Edited by In Uppers

Holy Jesus, the curries DO NOT TASTE GOOD. They're crap!!

You'd get better out of a Tesco value jar!

Take a trip to Bradford and try a proper curry up there - you'll never eat that BK rubbish again, proper curry all the way:thumbsup:

Or as Pete MO1 has said, there are some great places much closer such as Cafe Masala or Taste of Kashmir on Barber Road.

What is the Taste of Kashmir like?

Edited by PeteM01
In Uppers edited first!

i am not saying that the curries are the best around and yea i know there are better curry houses in Sheffield, all i am saying is that whenever we have had curry from there it has tasted fine.

But there is no need to go as far as saying i dont know what proper curry tastes like!

Its just a matter of opinion and some people really need to get off there high horses about it!

We have curry from there and will continue to do so, it tastes alright when it arrives never had any problems apart from the delivery drivers as said earlier!

and the chips are nice :)