Anybody from firth park 1964/1983 ?

Ah good old days it was fun in winter sledging down there as well !

I too remember donkey hill in both summer & winter.We lived on Idsworth Road.Does anyone remember during the school summer holidays the council used to put a cabin up where you could rent footballs.golf putters etc.

• 3 years later...

loved firth park as a kid and growing up in the area ....all i can say is the lads i grew up with were quality  .....the amount of people that came down to downham rd ....2 f..k about was unreal .....getting chased off the dibble .....the oval merlin horninglow 60 steps ....air bombs at stare cats ....the grettons ...bowlings... stonesey....imfamous mr hind...mr inlkes ...denis ....curly ....cabbo ....lads off tideswell .....mr carty ( see u at tea time ).... sheedy steve h .....and me.....  and the birds that came down .....mint .....longley park firth park donkey hill.....and going in the wharny.....4 a few lagers ..... rip nigel wawaw 

Edited by drhs

Firth Park Hotel...About 1972 ish...Me dad used to drink in there...Us kids used to go up stairs and play on a REAL Piano...

The houses opposite in the distance had Garages below their houses..Looked posh..!

Just me?

9 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I reckon that could have been Earl marshal Rd some had gardens dug out and converted cellars into garages was quite posh on there in thd seventies and early eighties 😂

Yeah..Well on one drive they did have a Jag...!

Different story today i suspect.

firth park hotel had some good times in there ....specially upstairs .....( blondy &angelina ) enough said

Just now, gaz 786 said:

I reckon that could have been Earl marshal Rd some had gardens dug out and converted cellars into garages was quite posh on there in thd seventies and early eighties 😂

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 21:19, francypants said:

Oh, the donkey hill in Firth Park. I ruined lots of dresses on there sliding down on a piece of cardboard. Hours of fun which didn't cost a penny.

Bet the Flip Flops took a battering as well.