Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

To be honest Kath I think that we were all Special Needs kids - it's just that the term hadn't been invented back then so we were just classed as thick!

Think you've got something there love - when I think of the kids who were shoved in a class and left a lot of the time because they were 'thick' or had board rubbers thrown because they didn't pay attention, terrible really.

KateT - I was just going to tell you that Chris Ward does live at Foxhill with Vinny when the phone rang and guess who it was - Chris Ward.! Not spoke to him for years. He wanted to tell me he enjoyed our Steve,s book and to say hello to you. So how about that for coincidence.

Hi Julie

Yes it is Mick

The goalie was Little Johnny White (Brenda's lad) lived on Buchanan Cres (number 39 I think)

I maintain that that was the ugliest football team ever

:hihi:

Well!!! Most yes, but there was a couple of good luckers. Wonder what they look like now.

As kids we used to congregate with Mick on their steps at the top of the close and just hang around then when the street lights went off in the power cuts, I had to go home.

Hi Julie

Yes it is Mick

The goalie was Little Johnny White (Brenda's lad) lived on Buchanan Cres (number 39 I think)

I maintain that that was the ugliest football team ever

:hihi:

I take exception to that last remark Bushbaby (I`m the little 9 year old bottom row far right). Haha but I think maybe you are right.:D

I'm led to believe that the new building on Mansell School is a new "Special Needs School". I don't know if it's true.

i went to mansel infant school,,it was a great school,,mansel middle became mansel primary school so yewlands took over the infants,,then it got demolished,,what a bloody waste,,if now there is plans for a special school and how much is it now going to cost the taxpayer to build a new school??? the infant school may be outdated but it could have been improved

I take exception to that last remark Bushbaby (I`m the little 9 year old bottom row far right). Haha but I think maybe you are right.:D

Wrong team Dex

This one is the Tommy More's Church team from about 1973

The '66 team is handsome to a fault! Sister Mercy wouldn't have it any other way

KateT - I was just going to tell you that Chris Ward does live at Foxhill with Vinny when the phone rang and guess who it was - Chris Ward.! Not spoke to him for years. He wanted to tell me he enjoyed our Steve,s book and to say hello to you. So how about that for coincidence.

Can you believe it! I hope he is ok Pete. We had a good laugh when we worked together. He helped me with a presentation I had to do for my degree and he was great and so helpful...well I passed anyway! Give him my love when you next speak to him.