Is Coop at Crookes worst shopping experience ever?

There ain't not never none of that bread left :confused:

Not true. Jaffa cakes are technically neither cakes nor biscuits. They're classed as pies in the eyes of the law on account of them having a crust (albeit a chocolate one).

They're classified as cakes instead of biscuits. Biscuits go soft when stale, where as cakes go hard.

VAT is not charged on cakes or biscuits, with the exception of chocolate covered biscuits, which are subject to VAT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffa_Cakes

Sarneth - Re price - everywhere is more expensive right now - even Netto and Aldi are getting pricey on certain things...

You're right, best policy is to shop around if you are able, I find Morrissons are the most reasonable, like toothpaste for 17p that doesnt burn your mouth out. Lidl is good, but be selective.

Edited by carosio

I went in the co op at crookes at christmas and asked one of the asssistants if they stocked tinsle, poor lad hadnt a clue what I talking about, I spent 10 minutes trying to explain, he appeared even more confused.I gave up and left.

I really do believe the refurb was the biggest mistake they made. They are out of stock of so many items almost every time I go (which isn't often thankfully).

Whoever organised their planograms needs to talk to the people in the area and actually find out what they want, rather than be dictated to by general plans.

What baffles me more than anything, is why, since the refurb, they have about 15 facings of their own brand orange squash.....and not a single other flavour? What happened to lemon, blackcurrant, apple (a particular fave in our house)....there's obviously space there on the shelves, so why have it filled with orange?! lol

On the plus side, aside of MISS SHOUTY, I totally LOVE the chap who tends to work nights and is an older version of John Barnes - what a lovely fella! He's ace!

I do some mystery shopping and have had to do a balanced written report on a couple of the chains you mentioned. I really struggled to find any positives. It was in glasgow but I think some chain stores you mentioned, wherever they are, just don't care about the type of staff they employ. Its quite funny really, how bad they are.

I too find that they are out of stock on a lot of items seemingly all of the time.

They are usually on the basics, like bread and milk.

It does seem strange as to why that is.

The one at Stocksbridge is terrible. Hardly anything in stock, staff who dont know a thing about the products, loads of tills but only a few working even when its busy.

And the cafe has gone down hill, when you have a mug of tea you are not allowed to put your own milk in ,they keep it behind the counter and only allow you 2 packs which doesnt even colour your tea so you end up having to have just half a mug.

I use the one on Hutcliffe wood rd and they are very good.

I think their range is much better than the tesco express and better quality too.

Never had any problems.

Went there to buy some stir fry ingredients only to find the stir fry packs were made up of , mushrooms, red cabbage, and beansprouts, all of which were turning brown ! and to top it off they were asking for £2.50 for it !!!! (unbelievable !), put it back and went across the road to just natural where i bought enough FRESH ingredients to make twice as much for the same price !!

The place is a joke.

Not from that neck of the woods but Eckington CO OP is the mutts nuts, allways fresh produce and very nice helpful staff... 10/10 from me and Mrs Noid :thumbsup: