Norfolk park area, good? bad?

Oh for god's sake I can't believe how heated everyone is getting in this post! All T020 did was post his opinion, and now he has suffered pages and pages of abuse.

Personally I am beginning to come to the opinion of certain forummers, that if they are any where near as aggressive and argumentative in real life as they have been in this thread, no wonder they've never had any trouble in dodgy areas, as I certainly wouldn't want to cross THEM on a dark night!

Personally I think that the new developments on NP look great - a couple of my friends live there and love it. But you do have to admit that it's a completely different atmosphere to other areas of Sheffield, and it depends where you feel most comfortable really. So stop blasting people for criticizing this area - YOU might like it but that doesn't mean you have to force everyone else into the same opinion.

Originally posted by t020

Do you honestly believe there's absolutely no reason to NOT live at Norfolk Park and that this thread should only have attracted positive responses?

I can't think of any reasons not to live here, but I'm sure there are some. There are probably reasons not to live in Dore, or Ecclesall, or Crookes or any other part of this city too.

Originally posted by Andy

I can't think of any reasons not to live here, but I'm sure there are some. There are probably reasons not to live in Dore, or Ecclesall, or Crookes or any other part of this city too.

Well, I know where I'd rather live put it that way!!!

BTW, well said KATIEB_23! And thank you. I was beginning to think that the world had gone mad until you brought your words of sanity.

Originally posted by KATIEB_23

Oh for god's sake I can't believe how heated everyone is getting in this post! All T020 did was post his opinion, and now he has suffered pages and pages of abuse.

t020 has only been challenged to support his out-dated opinions, and to provide supporting evidence for his contentions. He failed miserably.

".....t020 has suffered pages and pages of abuse"? Let's see who has been abusive.......

You need a reality check. Either that or you're seriously deluded.

Originally posted by redrobbo

....you are perilously close to name calling.

From my observations, this is not your style, and I am quite shocked that you have descended to this level of debate.

Plain Talker deserves a little respect for her arguments and observations, not this kind of abuse. Poor show t020.

I didn't intend it in an offensive way, but I apologise if that's how it read.

I rest my case.

I have adjusted my position about Norfolk Park......Instead of being smarmy and personally insulting, why not be pleased that you've changed my mind on something? Or am I not allowed to?

Of course you are allowed to change your opinion t020, and I'm sure that the many posters on this thread "Norfolk Park area, good? bad?" are delighted to know it.

I do not believe that I have at any time been "smarmy and personally insulting" towards you. At all times, I, and the many other posters on this thread, have challenged you on your outdated views about Norfolk Park, seeking to know how you could justify your stand. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, you persisently maintained your original views, until this post - where you have indicated that you have now "adjusted" your views.

Andy challenged you to accompany him on a visit to Norfolk Park, and I too offered to show you around and even buy you lunch at the Centre in the Park. Hardly the actions of someone who is smarmy and personally insulting I would have thought - but I will let other readers be the judge of that.

If I can be presumptious, I would like you to change your mind over one other thing in respect of Norfolk Park. I hope I may still buy you lunch at the Centre in the Park. Please PM me, if you would like to take up my offer, and we can arrange a date.

Lastly, yesterday, I took the liberty of lifting a quote of yours from this thread, and posted it on another thread: "Is Crookes a good area?" I hope you will look it up.

*Yawns*

Ok, everyone helped to slightly adjust my views on Norfolk Park (although my latest "battle" was supporting the view that the Manor is a notorious estate.... one would've thought that this was obvious when considering the definition of "notorious" and all of the negative press coverage the place gets, but I'm sure certain members would argue the toss if I posted that blue was blue). I have my opinions on the matter, I'm FULLY entitled to them, and when people ask for advice I will give my thoughts on the matter, whether anyone else agrees or not. That's the last I have to say on this thread - please don't bother picking little bits out of what I've said and trying to get a response because I've had enough. Katieb_23 summed this thread up the best.

I agree with t020. Maybe time to put this thread to bed.

Hey - t020 and I have agreed on something else! :smile:

Mod. Note

Who am I to stand in the way of the Vox populi?

Closed and left for viewing.

Joe :)