Badly treated by Argos - lets get together!

I bought 3 bedroom furniture sets & a sofa bed - All items have defects , Argos said they would send replacement bits - but after the first two bits they stopped doing anything more - complaining in the office brought no results only "sorry I will see what I can do" then nothing more. The Sofa - someone came to look at it and said " It is not meant for regular use. It looks OK!" The fact that you cannot sit in it without sinking to the floor did not seem to matter. Also there is at least one case of missrepresentation in their catalogue (not for the first time either!) I was also given wrong gaurantee information - and when I asked to see that person , she refused to come out of the office.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

pm me with details and I will see what we can do collectively.

Well I got my sofas from argos for the conservatory leather they are never had a problem with them argos is known for cheap and cheerful, anyway not exactly harveys is it

sofa is design for sitting on and not have b++king session on it

Sofa beds are notorious in my experience - most retailers sell them as "occasional furniture".

This is a serious post - please treat it as such - if there was still an active Consumer service I would not have made this post.

But all of the good services seem to been axed - good for the traders but not for the consumers!

As I said before - I would have been pleased if I could SIT in comfort, and get Up(out) of it without a struggle!

Edited by 4xkhome
additional info

Sofa beds are notorious in my experience - most retailers sell them as "occasional furniture".

Exactly thats what they are for not every day use occasional furniture

Thanks ukstudent - will do . But there are so many bad parts I cannot believe that I am the only person with so many problems. The more unsatisfied customers there are, the more likely it will be that they will put things right.

You need to contact their Customer Services and ask to speak to a manager.

A couple of years ago I had problems with Argos.....and took this route.....and not only were my problems sorted out but I got goodwill vouchers for my inconvenience.

I just wish I could remember the name of the female I spoke to.

I must admit one of my cases was rather funny now (with hindsight). They delivered a new washer and placed it in my hallway and left.....only for me to realise that a) I couldn't get beyond the washer unless I climbed OVER it, and b) I couldn't shut the front door had I done so. I was left with calling a neighbour to come and shift it. It gained me the return of the delivery charge and a £25 refund on the product itself. :hihi:

Sorry but doesn't the sale of goods act state that the goods must be as described and fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality?

i.e. A sofabed is both a sofa and a bed and must be suitable for both purposes regardless of whether or not it is considered to be occasional furniture.

Check out the following and it may give you a little more ammunition to fire at their customer services dept.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Occasionally it's a sofa, occasionally it's a bed......what part of that doesn't ARGOS understand :hihi: