Sheffield gangs. How best to solve this problem?

In New Zealand they have a 9pm curfew for teenagers on the streets at night.

Any under 16yrs old are removed or detained if found out after.

Good idea I think. But I also think teens run rampant these days because their parents just dont care and the government doesnt give them any punishment whatsoever for unruly behaviour.

There should be more community service punishments for them, chain gangs even.

being a little young myself, i can sort of relate to what marty is saying, but i also object.

Those people in those videos havent beaten up grannies, and saying this is just an ignorant stereotype. Those weapons werent used to beat up anyone, its all a front for the cameras.

without solid proof, e.g videos of them doing the things you accused them of doing, we have no reason to belive you.

They're just doing what kids have always done -posturihg,finding their feet,making mistakes and pretending to be grown up.Why would you put pictures of yourself on line holding weapons if you really intended to use them?They're just trying to impress girls.The most frightening thing about them is the music.And the hats.

i saw 1 of those type vids the other day that literally made me feel sick some lass beating another 1 up till she started to bleed then the camera turned round n it showed a lad who i imagine had been filming it. cant remember if it was sheff or not but these things do happen it might not be as bad as its made out to be but either way i still find it discusting ... kids getting involved in 'gangs' dont seem to realise what theyre getting themselves into till its too late

i find this shameful, we really do need a cull, this is why sheffield is the second most violent city in UK and the main reason why so many people are moving out this great city.

i find this shameful, we really do need a cull, this is why sheffield is the second most violent city in UK and the main reason why so many people are moving out this great city.

so many people are leaving? where?

Why, if it's so bad do the student numbers keep going up? And why do so many stay to live here?

Violent? If you are talking about those stats shown in that release the other week (also discussed in here), it's just rubbish basically (not going into all that again though:hihi:).