Sheffield gangs. How best to solve this problem?

I've only just spotted this thread...it's obviously something that has given a fright to lots of people. Most of the vids on You Tube are quite old and l'm sure the Gang Unit are well aware of these vids and if any "REAL" guns were used for them l can guarantee that the idiots holding them have been tugged in by the police.

It's bad news that kids feel that they have to hang around in groups out of fear of their peers but come on lets face it their photos (possibly some from the last day of school or college) frighten you perhaps it's time to move to a little island where your only company is a couple of tiny penguins and the birds.

reesh2052 yet another accepting comment of the violence thats going on in this city, i can see why things are the way they are, because noone can see that if things like what are going on in those videos were nipped in the bud it wouldnt escalate to violant crime and murder, i think the police have a lot on their hands and looking through videos would take some time and effort, when they are attending crimes that have already happened not potentially dangerous occurences, the individuals on those videos are dangerous, simply because they dont see the difference between right and wrong and dont obey the law, weapons, especially knifes should not be carried on the street, and these idiots lack of respect for the law should not go unpunished, wake up and smell the coffee

Edited by martyboy
?

links to the gangs that are apparently my imagination

I didn't say gangs are in your imagination :). Gangs have been around as long as kids have. It's your misconception that they are ALL battering Sheffield, that I'm challenging. ;)

Google images' first page on 'guns' shows a few pictures that have been used in some of these videos you've posted... see here

The first video shows some bike videos, could have taken from any youtube link. It isn't difficult. Still no granny attacks.

The driving ones don't look like anywhere in Sheffield I've ever seen. Look at the bus stop on one of them, on the right, just before it reaches the T-junction, it's not one used by the SYPTE (to my knowledge).

Wheelies? WOW wheelies on bikes! As soon as I learnt how to ride a bike, this was priority number one. To be able to do a wheelie.

The PXC one looked slightly more convincing (or well made), but still no showing flame throwers/shootings or granny bashing.

There was a short shot with a couple of lads scuffling. Probably mates messing about, did you never have scuffles?

One of the guys (if it wasn't lifted off youtube) was pretty good at a 360 on a bike. Not a crime.

A car on fire? Could have been started by anyone/again could be lifted off youtube, I recorded a car on fire outside my old house once. (to prove why I was late for work:hihi:)

Dogs barking horror : Dogs bark.

The same person added both those links. And she hasn't been online for over a year. Not exactly on the ball are they?

Edited by *_ash_*

well what about the uncosious lad getting his head stamped on and kicked by three people while he was out on the floor, and the guy who got knocked out for just walking past the little animal so his mates could film it? not to mention the old guy who got dropped for next to nowt, you like defending these scum of the earth i wonder if you might be related to some of them????

well what about the uncosious lad getting his head stamped on and kicked by three people while he was out on the floor, and the guy who got knocked out for just walking past the little animal so his mates could film it? not to mention the old guy who got dropped for next to nowt,

Which video was that on? I didn't see that.

There was someone that got punched in the face and apparently knocked out. If you really think that was one of the Sheffield lot, have you reported it to the police?

It looked staged to me, or like some of the youtubes that aren't reported yet. If it isn't, then the proof for conviction would be pretty good, if they haven't already been done. I'll expect you to phone them.

you like defending these scum of the earth i wonder if you might be related to some of them????

I'm not defending anyone. But I will defend my own opinion. :)

I said earlier that there is a minority of little buggers causing problems.

You are reading too much into media aggravated paranoia.

:)

Edited by *_ash_*

its not that at all ash it seems that everything i have said or posted you have had a strong opinion against, i think if anything these incidents are under reported, its happened a few times when something has happened in sheffield and because noone got killed it was covered poorly or not at all, les say that something like a rape or stabbing happens in norfolk park in broad daylight, if it isnt covered properly then people are just gonna carry on their daily business little beknown to them theres a rapist or someone with a knife hanging around that area, at least if its covered by the press vulnerable people can avoid those areas until someone is caught otherwise whats stopping it from happening again? the police dont have the time or resources to watch over a large area 24/7 and whod expect them to? the only way of finding out unless its a murder is by word of mouth, sometimes the local radio stations are good but not everyone listens to the radio all the time. there was some recent news that the police had been covering up figures to make it look like crime wasnt as bad as it is, im not saying lock yourself in a safe and hope for the best im just saying the problem is bigger than most prople think and just having a knowledge of something bad happening might be enough to make someone perhaps take a different route and potentially prevent something like that happening again, i dread to think what it would be like when im an old man i feel sorry for the people who fought for this country only to have the scum thats running around the streets tearing apart everything the fought for, and if they could see what it would end up like they would have probably just said you can have the bloody place hitler its all yours.