Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

Off the top of my head it was £199 initial and then a flat fee £1,700 upon sale. We were impressed with the guy who came to vaue will only use them if they negotiate on the price

I found them very good for selling.

Always squeeze the most out of the buyer.

How much is the house on for/expected to sell for?

Last time I sold with them was 2010 and it was a percentage with initial payment.

They gave us a "guide price" 115k-125k

Idealisticly we would be willing to pay £1,500 (including VAT)

Haybrooks quoted us £2200+vat

WH brown & Redis Rain £2040 inc VAT

Bloor 1%

house valued at 125k

Haybrooks dropped to 1900 plus VAT when I questioned the price.

The problem I have is they all offer the exact same thing.

Think we're gonna try Bloor and give them 12 weeks before we try one of the more expensive bigger brands.

They gave us a "guide price" 115k-125k

Idealisticly we would be willing to pay £1,500 (including VAT)

That would be a good price if you can get it.

Works out at 1.2% inc. VAT.

Does anyone know of advice re: contract law and cooling off period with these estate agents? I found this online:

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/894-cooling-off-period-stretches-to-14-days-from-friday

So my question is, I am with estate agents which for various reasons I believe I've gone with the wrong ones / very dissatisfied with them [shocking I know!]- and I am within 14 days of signing my agreement. I will add I have not been given a copy of the T&C that should go alongside this. I'm considering pulling out and changing agents - but is it 14 days as this post mentions, or is it just 7 days? i just want to know where I stand before committing myself to a conversation with the agent tomorrow.

Hope someone can help - there is also this link: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/30/made

which is the legislation referred to in the blog post. It's just I spoke to another agents today, who mentioned that it's a shame i wasn't in my 7 days otherwise I could just cancel - but if it is the 14 days then I am within this period [expires tomorrow!]

Anybody out there know?

Why not contact the EA and request their T & C's which you should have got when signing the contract.

They should be able to email a PDF copy and you can then find out the terms of termination.

No offence intended but why take the time to ask on here when you can find the answer out with one phone call.

Why not contact the EA and request their T & C's which you should have got when signing the contract.

They should be able to email a PDF copy and you can then find out the terms of termination.

No offence intended but why take the time to ask on here when you can find the answer out with one phone call.

Thanks for your reply - the EA were closed when I made the post last night and I emailed for the T&Cs yesterday afternoon but not yet received. As for making one phone call you mentioned, if you read my post I have received conflicting information about the legal cooling off period being either 7 or 14 days which is why I was asking if anyone knew on here. The terms of termination are not what I was enquiring about - you can have penalties with those, the cooling off period means you can come out of contract without any penalties.

I was just asking if anyone knew about the 14 days cool off period so I would be better informed before I made the call to the EA which is what I plan to do this afternoon.

Is there anyone on the forum that has used the cooling off period with an estate agent that can advise on how it went? Or is there anyone on here that can advise legally about the legislation found referring to 14 days cooling off period is correct as another EA advice I received only mentioned 7 days cooling off? here's the links to the posts again I'm referring to:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/30/made

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/894-cooling-off-period-stretches-to-14-days-from-friday

Edited by Bloobell67

Can anyone recommend a really good property seller please and roughly their fees to sell based on sale price of £85k.

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone had any recent experience of selling a house through any estate agents in Sheffield (S7) please?

Also, what fees are currently being charged as there is a lot of choice out there and difficult to know where to start?

Thanks in advance.

We recently sold through JMC, they charged affixed price (£495 I think) it depends on what you want, brochures, signs etc. I would recommend them 100%.

The office staff phoned when they said they would, and gave feedback etc. we sold fairly quickly due to them.

I can't understand why anyone would pay other estate agents 1% or more when almost everything these days is internet based.

JMC are based in Hackenthorpe but sell all over Sheffield, we were S8.

Hope it helps