Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

Hi

I'm looking into the possibility of renting out a house. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips in doing this? I'm completely new to this

Hi Elphi 24,

I would advise if you have never done this before you should use an agent as it is not as strait forward as it may appear.

Feel free to get in touch if you require any assistance.

Many Thanks

We've recently sold with Haybrooks, and are also buying with Haybrooks, excellent service start to finish. I had a dealing with Fastline estates, they are a very unscrupulous estate agent, steer well clear.

I'm looking into the possibility of renting out a house. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips in doing this? I'm completely new to this

I would advise if you have never done this before you should use an agent as it is not as strait forward as it may appear.

Really, a first-time landlord ought to have proper paid-for legal advice from his/her solicitor even if intending to use a Letting Agent's services. Remember that L's legal liability (under statute and contractual) binds L and cannot be wished-away onto the Agent.

Very good point Jeffery, that being said I am yet to meet a Landlord who does this.

Cheers

Looking to list our 2 bedroom semi detached house in the Chapeltown area (S35) soon, does anybody have any recent dealings with or recomendations regarding estate agents?

Heard a couple of companies mentioned that have given poor service.

Thanks

Looking to list our 2 bedroom semi detached house in the Chapeltown area (S35) soon, does anybody have any recent dealings with or recomendations regarding estate agents?

Heard a couple of companies mentioned that have given poor service.

Thanks

Try Haybrooks, excellent service.

Hi all,

I am preparing to put my house on the market and need help with selecting an estate agent.

Does anybody have any recent experiences with local estate agents, good or bad, that may be able to help me choose the right agent.

My house is a 3 bedroom semi-detached in Eckington with an estimated value of 150k if that helps.

Kind regards

Hi all,

I am preparing to put my house on the market and need help with selecting an estate agent.

Does anybody have any recent experiences with local estate agents, good or bad, that may be able to help me choose the right agent.

My house is a 3 bedroom semi-detached in Eckington with an estimated value of 150k if that helps.

Kind regards

I have just marketed my property with 2Roost from Swallownest and am very impressed with everything.

Too many of the others I found rather condescending in attitude.

Blundells handled the sale of my late father's house well, this was a 3 bed detached in Beighton with a 150k asking price, would use them again. They conducted all the viewings and kept me very well informed throughout

They take a shed-load of money in commission and fee's tho, plus plenty of other people have had a bad time with them.

2Roost get really good reviews, and the price difference between them and Blundells is pretty significant.

I'm not very sure why the "fixed %" system still operates.

If a house's price rises disproportionately, why should EA's fee?