Canteen, Crosspool

tessashark

A proper complaint not just a comment about the salad. If they don't take any notice, on their head be it.

Sorry but if a customer comments to the manager that they are unhappy with their food, then to me that should be dealt with as a ligitemate complaint and action taken to rectify it. I would not then expect to have to make a further complaint, a decent manager with customer service skills would have dealt with it on the spot and ensure I did not have to take it further

Sorry but if a customer comments to the manager that they are unhappy with their food, then to me that should be dealt with as a ligitemate complaint and action taken to rectify it. I would not then expect to have to make a further complaint, a decent manager with customer service skills would have dealt with it on the spot and ensure I did not have to take it further
Yes but since he didn't take any notice, they should take it further to the owner if they are sufficiently concerned to bother putting it on here and include the complaint about the manager. It's no use complaining to the person you're complaining about.

maby he could not change it or maby you where still eating the sallad, did you ask for a new one??????? Have you ever thought that waiters are people as well???... and if they have not been given enough information about the changes in the place they work it is not their fault at all!!

I just cant believe what I am hearing... becouse canteen has a good service and quality food + it is cheap..I was there on satyrday for a meal, I liked it was nothing wrong with it. and I mean if I would go for a special night out I night consider a restaurant not canteen.... if you would like a propar restaurant atmosphere and prises why dont you go to Artisan it is even in the same building!??

maby he could not change it or maby you where still eating the sallad, did you ask for a new one??????? Have you ever thought that waiters are people as well???... and if they have not been given enough information about the changes in the place they work it is not their fault at all!!

I just cant believe what I am hearing... becouse canteen has a good service and quality food + it is cheap..I was there on satyrday for a meal, I liked it was nothing wrong with it. and I mean if I would go for a special night out I night consider a restaurant not canteen.... if you would like a propar restaurant atmosphere and prises why dont you go to Artisan it is even in the same building!??

Surely you should not really have to ask for a new salad! It should be right in the first place!!!!salads can't be "rocket" science but i'ts amazing how few places get it right most would be chefs think that salads are a "toss" off where anything will do.....................also if the"Canteen" is not a restaurant what is it?..................surely not just a canteen! Edited by mossdog

• 2 weeks later...

Turned up here tonight at 9pm after finishing work late, and made an assumption we wouldnt need a booking on a Tuesday night. Always loved Catch and wanted to give it a go.

The place was packed, the lovely waiter just about managed to fit us in, and the boards/wine list are just are similar as before with a few obvious changes (ie less fish more meat dishes).

£10 for 2 courses, £12 for 3 courses is the offer.

I ordered ham hock for starters and fishcakes mush peas and chips for main, the OH ordered posh cheese on toast, and fish pie for mains.

Everything from the food, service & bill was brilliant. And ive no doubt that it will be a regular place for us from now on. Since NY we have ate at Jurys (:gag:) Antibos & Los Iguanas (:D) but Canteen (whilst were not sure on the name) is definitely our fave this year.

Everything from the food, service & bill was brilliant. And ive no doubt that it will be a regular place for us from now on. Since NY we have ate at Jurys (:gag:) Antibos & Los Iguanas (:D) but Canteen (whilst were not sure on the name) is definitely our fave this year.

Interesting that your post is completely at odds with OP, just goes to show how people have differing perceptions or that these places differ from day to day. Good job people don't all take notice of one negative report although it is possible that The Canteen read this thread, good for them if they did and put it right.

Where did you eat in New York? ;)

Interesting that your post is completely at odds with OP, just goes to show how people have differing perceptions or that these places differ from day to day. Good job people don't all take notice of one negative report although it is possible that The Canteen read this thread, good for them if they did and put it right.

The OP was fairly soon after it opened and it's understandable that somewhere may take a while to get things settled down, although equally understandable that the OP felt disappointed. I've not been yet but am pleased that it's had some more positive reviews and look forward to reading more feedback...