2009: What's growing in your allotment/garden this week?

• 2 weeks later...

Our rhubarb is sending up stalks and leaves, about 4-5 inches long already... I think its Timperly Early, but I'm not sure.

The garlic is now 3 inches high and every clove has grown so far, only had to poke a couple back into the ground too!

We're just waiting for the first asprargus now... woo!!

James Grieve and Bramley apples, conference pears, Victoria and Opal plums, cherries (forget which, but tasty), redcurrants, blackcurrants, loganberries, summer fruiting raspberries, gooseberries, Desiree spuds, rhubarb, and practically every type of vegetable seed going in Netto for 19p a packet!

It's been hard work and there's still loads to do!

Edited by Dhimmi

• 1 month later...

we've finally got stuff planted in our lovely clay, so far the pak choi, radishes, garlic, onions, rhubarb and asparagus are coming up :)

We've got a freezer full of rhubarb already :o

The loganberry, blackberry, goosegogs, and currants are growing and/or flowering

wooohooo... its SPRING!!

Ooo lots..

on our community garden every herb imaginable, rhubarb, red currants/white currents/ blackcurrants/ red goosegogs, green goosegogs, fennel, sorrel its fabby.

Still awaiting planting out, dwarf french beans toms and peppers. My radishes are coming on strong as is the giant land cress, spinach, rocket and I'm overrun with gem lettuce!

We got our lottie bout 4-6 weeks ago and were still working it to get back to a reasonable state but upto now we have, onions (red+white), garlic, Pots(rockets, pink fir apple), parsnips, turnips, early peas, runners(maybe a bit early if we have a frost), cabbage, PSB, sprouts. We also have sweetcorn(bout 20-30 plants), more runners, more peas, various brassicas almost ready to go down.

In the kitchen garden at home we have, peas, too much lettuce, spuds(cant remember which ones, an early of some sort), carrots, garlic, spring onions. In the greenhouse, toms, cucs, pumpkins, peppers, chillis.

So lots going on now, and loads still to be started this month.

At the mo, peppers 6 types, tomatoes 5 types, spinach beet, pots, cabbage, beetroot, rhubarb, peas, red currant, black currant, green and black gooseberry, 2 types of rasberry.

Trying moonplanting and at the mo, and now is not a good time to plant anything, so waiting while thursday when i can get more started..... :)