2009: What's growing in your allotment/garden this week?

good news for you then "Brainthedog", good luck with the peppers.

I have 6 varieties going, they are just coming through, i covered them with fleece thinking it may make them feel a bit warmer :hihi:

Peas are getting nibbled by something but now bought some netting hope this will help.

spinach beet coming on a treat

My peppers are still in a mini green house thing - like this. Seems to be doing the trick in terms of warmth (I've got the side open and I can see from my weather station it's 32.4 in there today) and keeping pests off. Going to plant them out in a couple of weeks - fingers crossed we'll be clear of frost by then.

Only got into growing food in the last couple of years - got to admit, it's pretty addictive!

mine are in the walk in greenhouse, tomatoes are taking ages to come through. just keeping things indoors till it warms up a bit, got a carrots on the go in toilet roll holders cut in half...

planting in containers as not got much garden.

Also planting by the moon phases from the site called "the gardeners calendar" just to see if it really works....

I've just earthed up my first earlies. Broad beans coming along nicley, and cabbages caulis and sprouts all putting on growth under their netting. Have picked first radishes and salad, and my carrots finally look like they're doing something.

Parsnips are teeny, and some haven't germinated at all :(