Another 137,000 join the unemployed.

Out of interest whats a bunny boiler? is that boiled rabbit/something you eat?

its a woman who is frustrated and needing a man:love: in my opinion. i think it was first seen in fatal attraction when the barmy woman boiled his pet rabbit?:hihi::help:

its a woman who is frustrated and needing a man:love: in my opinion. i think it was first seen in fatal attraction when the barmy woman boiled his pet rabbit?:hihi::help:

sorry suffragette this could also be a woman:love::hihi::D

Oh yes, I understand now, a frustrated woman who needs a man.

You often find these women standing at photocopiers whenever there is a paperjam, and they always expect the man to sort the problem out

You often find these women standing at photocopiers whenever there is a paperjam, and they always expect the man to sort the problem out

exactly, and why does the man have to photocopy anyway, its a womans job:hihi:

exactly, and why does the man have to photocopy anyway, its a womans job:hihi:

But would you have said that to Mrs Thatcher? Or does it only apply under labour? :huh:

Can we get back to the topic please? Thank you.

I don't happen to think it is particularly funny to have pensioners living in poverty, or having to wait months for operations, or coming home to tell my kids I've lost my job, do you?

People won't forget the Tory times just yet!!!!!

Nearly Two Million Jobless in UK

London, Dec 17 (Prensa Latina) The United Kingdom reported 137,000 new unemployed between August and October, which is predicted to exceed 1.8 million, the highest number since 1997.

The Office for National Statistics says the rise from 5.8 to 6.0 per cent jacked the domestic unemployment rate.

In November, the official unemployment rate surpassed for the first time since 1991 one million people with 75,000 more unemployed compared to October.

Experts quoted by The Guardian say the figure will exceed two million by Chrismas and may reach three million by 2010.

David Blanchflower, member of the Bank of England Money Policy Committee, said the unemployment rate may exceed three million before the current economic recession ends.

Mervyn King, governor of the Bank of England, forecasted that Britain's economic recoil "could be deeper and further massive than expected." He even hinted a deflation for the next two years.

The BE also reported an economic contraction by two per cent on the first half of 2009.

To be honest, there will be lots of positives from this crash, the main one being that the polititians will be forced to deal with the problems, that are causing the downturn.

For the last 10 years, people have believed that there has been a boom, that unemployment was at its lowest level for years (if you don't include the people on incapacity, training schemes, long term unemployed, young people doing degrees etc...)

Instead of pumping billions into saving the banks who in turn stick 2 fingers up to the public by repossessing homes, award themselves large bonuses etc..... the billions spent should have been ploughed into what was left of our industry, saving that........ and also spending money creating real wealth.

So instead future generations will pay for this, and the people responsible will continue to stick 2 fingers up, pocket loads of money etc... what will stop this???? hopefully not a civil war, hopefully our political partys will get a grip on the problem

The biggest positive will be the realisation that you cannot live a life on credit without repurcussion or responsibility. We have (well, had) a system that would allow people on a nominal wage to borrow tens of thousands of pounds at extortionate interest rates without any real comprehension of what they were getting themselves into. For too many people (myself included) living a life on credit became the norm not the exception and whilst lenders were happy to throw money at people, the economy boomed and the fallacy of prosperity was promoted.

Most people throw the words 'credit crunch' around without the faintest idea what it even means, but the bottom line is the days of spending huge amounts of money that belongs to someone else seems to have come to and end, and with it complete economic meltdown and people's spending power is diminished. At least we can hope this model is never repeated again.

I do feel sorry for anybody who ends up on the dole going from a job that pays well to having to survive on under £10 per day i agree with the tuc

The trades union umbrella body the TUC has predicted two million people will be out of work by Christmas, and says half a million people will be facing their second Christmas out of work.

It is calling for Jobseeker's Allowance to be raised from £60.50 to £75 a week.

"These people are not scroungers. They are blameless victims of a worldwide economic downturn and deserve to be treated as such," said TUC general secretary Brendan Barber.

The biggest positive will be the realisation that you cannot live a life on credit without repurcussion or responsibility. We have (well, had) a system that would allow people on a nominal wage to borrow tens of thousands of pounds at extortionate interest rates without any real comprehension of what they were getting themselves into. For too many people (myself included) living a life on credit became the norm not the exception and whilst lenders were happy to throw money at people, the economy boomed and the fallacy of prosperity was promoted.

Most people throw the words 'credit crunch' around without the faintest idea what it even means, but the bottom line is the days of spending huge amounts of money that belongs to someone else seems to have come to and end, and with it complete economic meltdown and people's spending power is diminished. At least we can hope this model is never repeated again.

That is the situation in GB ltd in a nutshell.

It is quite simple market economics. In 1984 the FTSE was introduced. It was an index valuing the of shares in the UK's leading companies. In 1984 it stood at 1000. The growth was spectacular with the FTSE rising to over 4000 by 1997. The value of British companies had quadrupled, adding huge amounts of value to pension funds and private investments. This put real money into peoples pockets allowing them to spend rather than buying on credit.

The stock market continued to grow for the next 2 years, peaking at 6930 in 1999.

So what has happened since then. The markets have consistently declined and currently the FTSE stands at around 4300. Less than 10% growth since 1997 and a reduction of around 40% since its peak. As a result pension funds have fallen into deficit, and cash purchases have turned to credit purchases.

Our new "Saviour of the World" will guide us through it. (Crossed fingers). :)

Here's a link which is worth looking at ....... if you can spare 15 minutes watching it.

If you can't ..... your children and grandchildren will hate you forever!

p.s This bloke talks sense ...... for U.S substitute U.K ..... hopefully the penny will drop ....... batten down the hatches!

The reality of what Broon is doing to future generations

Brilliant find shoey,and bang on the money (no pun intended).:hihi:

There is a rule of thumb that an addicted gambler applies when he is out of luck. Keep gambling. Borrow the amount you are currently in debt and back a horse at 2 to 1. If your horse comes in you have enough money to pay back the loan and all your gambling debts. If it doesn't come in your debt is doubled , but don't dispair.

Keep gambling. Borrow the amount you are currently in debt and back a horse at 2 to 1. If your horse comes in you have enough money to pay back the loan and all your debts. If it doesn't come in your debt is doubled , but don't dispair.

Keep gambling. Borrow the amount you are currently in debt and back a horse at 2 to 1. If your horse comes in you have enough money to pay back the loan and all your gambling debts. If it doesn't come in your debt is doubled , but don't dispair.

Keep gambling. Borrow the amount you are currently in debt and back a horse at 2 to 1. If your horse comes in you have enough money to pay back the loan and all your gambling debts. If it doesn't come in your debt is doubled , but don't dispair.

Keep gambling. Borrow the amount you are currently in debt and back a horse at 2 to 1. If your horse comes in you have enough money to pay back the loan and all your gambling debts. If it doesn't come in your debt is doubled , but don't dispair...........

I think Nick Leason was a major believer in this philosophy.

LOL, in my office it is usually the other way around...I work with a bunch of men, and NONE of them can work the photocopier/printer. They always squabble about who has 'broken it now' and get me to fix it...