Italian restaurants

has anyone been to mamma mia pepes on langsett road hillsborough, i went on saturday night with my husband, and loved it. The food was fantastic and they do a litre bottle of house wine for just £8.80. I ts a small cosy restaurant and would recommend it to anyone.:thumbsup:

Have been several times and love it. 8 of us went for my brothers birthday. He lives in London and eats out a lot and said it was one of the best meals he had had in a while. The cheap house wine is a bonus and does not taste of vinegar like some house wines. I cant believe no one else has posted a reply for such a good restaurant.

la civette in hillsborough is great too - they do half price pizza and pasta on three nights of the week (i think sun, tue and wed)

The best Italian style restaurant in Sheffield is Piccolinos by the peace gardens. I know it's a chain, but i have also tried others of the brand, including their flagship in London, and the Sheffield restaurant is in a league of its own. It's all down to the managment - there is an excellent young manager there who is always on top of everything and keeps his staff happy to serve you - there is one guy who can sell you a desert like no-one else I have ever seen.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Piccolo's on West Street or La Scala in Millhouses yet! They're both fantastic restaurants, especially if you like small, cosy places.

I was appalled by the quality of food at La Civetta in Hillsborough, without a doubt the worst restaurant food I've ever had. Shame, because the service was fine and staff were friendly.

UsuallyFerdinandos at Meadowhead is a great little restaurant but try to avoid it if they have a big party booking upstairs - we waited over an hour for our order to be taken and others even longer. Why they took our booking in the first place and that of the other people who were downstairs I do not know- in spite of the very apologetic staff we weren't hungry when our meal finally came. However the food was excellent as usual and I think it was a bad night !

Sette Colli in Hillsborough is really good...

Yes this one is the best i go at every opportunity

And La Civetta is also a good one, Rissos too..i love italian food:love:

I agree Sette Colli and a Civetta are nice restaurants, out of the 2 I prefer Sette Colli for a meal for just me and the husband and La Civetta for a family meal as there is more space. But Sette Colli is really cosy. La Vida Loca in hillsborough is quite nice to but not as nice inside as the other 2

Another fan of Piccolo's here. Personally, I think their garlic bread is the best in Sheffield and the steaks are magnificent. Jose also has some decent red wines.

Just ensure you sit downstairs and not in the bland, cold upper room which is a bit like a cupboard.

Another fan of Piccolo's here. Personally, I think their garlic bread is the best in Sheffield and the steaks are magnificent. Jose also has some decent red wines.

Just ensure you sit downstairs and not in the bland, cold upper room which is a bit like a cupboard.

I only eat steak when i'm going to somewhere like damons because it's a waste on italian food if you don't experiment..don't you think?

Also is Piccolo's expensive?