The Rajput Restaurant, Commonside

butlers Indian

quality meal + staff

brookhill near childrens hospital

http://www.butlersbalti.com/

I like that one too, probably the best Indian I've had in Sheffield, but I like to try new places!

Whoops! I did read something about veggie but obviously didn't read it properly :P I can't wait, I love a good curry! Especially after a visit to the beer festival-a match made in heaven or what? :love:

Must go there soon - I've been using the takeaway for the best part of 20 years when it was called Ramdanhas.

rajput was called Ramdanhas?

rajput was called Ramdanhas?

Indeed it was.

It's probably about 20 years ago that I 1st had a takeaway from this place and it's always remained my favourite.

I must confess to not having been for a few years because of where I live (High Green), but it doesn't surprise me the excellent reviews it's getting.

My mate went a few weeks ago and said the food was spot on and reasonably priced.

I'll have to make an effort to get back....I used to love their special biryani.

Regards

Doom

Had pretty shoddy service recently from the Rajput, things like tabel still not being ready half an hour after we'd booked it (when we'd booked a week in advance) then shoving 8 of us on to a table for 6. No real apology. If only the food wasn't so damn good :rolleyes: The table not being ready when they said it would be has happened 3 times so far. Not good.

This happened to me when I went there about 18 months ago. We walked out after waiting for about 30 mins beyond the time we'd booked for (drinking the wine that we'd brought in to eat WITH the meal). We went to Rowsha instead where it was much more relaxed and welcoming.

I've still not been to Rajput, maybe I'll try again soon. But they need to realise that, to some people at least, the overall experience is just as important as the food. Is it still like this in there?

Went past tonight and there was a sign being put up on the restaurant bit that read "Business for Sale".

Went past tonight and there was a sign being put up on the restaurant bit that read "Business for Sale".

I would be sorry if this changes hands as I've used it since the takeaway opened and found it consistently good.

Ahhh... the Put of Raj as we used to call it in our wacky student days. I used to live just around the corner and their onion bhajis were just to die for after a session at the Hadfield.

Interesting they have expanded now and I'm sure a few of us will go and sample it for old times sake

Think its known to locals as Reginald Putin

just noticed that the for sale sign has now gone.

Faz was saying other family members were interested in taking it on. Ill call by and ask