The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Anybody know what it's like in Crosspool this morning?

Wow that was a night saw 2 minor RTC's on Ringinglow Road last night, one ended with a car blocking the road! Luckily no-one was hurt.

Abbeydale road is completely grid locked, it has just taken my OH 40 mins to get from the bottom of Springfield road (Robin Hood pub) to the bottom of Carterknowle Road, does anyone know if there has been an accident?

Wow that was a night saw 2 minor RTC's on Ringinglow Road last night, one ended with a car blocking the road! Luckily no-one was hurt.

Abbeydale road is completely grid locked, it has just taken my OH 40 mins to get from the bottom of Springfield road (Robin Hood pub) to the bottom of Carterknowle Road, does anyone know if there has been an accident?

I think there's been quite a few accidents over the past 13 hours or so.

I think there's been quite a few accidents over the past 13 hours or so.

Hope non of them are serious

not that I know of, fortunately.

I see green .. sadly it's not the herbal kind, but it IS grass !

was quite bad last night leaving herdings to get back to crystal peaks but soon as got in the dip it was rain and now the sun shines bright

very warm here in upperthorpe, maybe the reminants of the previous snow will disappear now

I drove last night from Norfolk Park - Handsworth - Heeley - Lowedges - Norfolk Park... and it was dreadful. Left here about 10pm, thankfully made it back just after 11 (had to pick my dad up from somewhere, take him home and then I had to come back home)! Roads were really, really bad - it's the worst I've driven in - even since last Monday. It was worst as you went up Chesterfield Road to Meadowhead and then onto Lowedges, that was absolutely awful, skidding everywhere. The roads obviously hadn't been gritted, and I expected them to go out in the middle of the night (fair enough, roads will be almost empty so easier for them), but when the weather is like that why don't they go out earlier? I didn't see one of them!!

Glad I managed to get my car back into my parking bay at home... I was going to leave it at the top of the road but I think everybody else had that idea first! Just hope I can get my car out tonight to run my Brownie unit!