The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

That's not fair, I have prayed for snow (being the good little Christian I am) and he sends it to the wrong place! maybe it is because I used to go to Handsworth Methodist Church but come on God I live at Ecclesall now please can I have some more snow here too:shakes:

Ah, but maybe He IS listening and is just sending it via Stradbroke? Would prove His existence a little too dramatically if 10 foot of snow suddenly landed on Ecclesall without touching any other part of the city! :hihi:

That's not fair, I have prayed for snow (being the good little Christian I am) and he sends it to the wrong place! maybe it is because I used to go to Handsworth Methodist Church but come on God I live at Ecclesall now please can I have some more snow here too:shakes:

Don't Blame it on Handsworth Methodist Church, it's got a nice covering of snow on it though. ps when did you go?

My dad is a manager with Barnsley council and he`s told me tonight that shefield has had to borrow 1000 tonnes of grit from them a they had nearly run out

Really, Mr Benn?! :wow:

That's interesting as on each news report on Magic AM today the Council kept saying Sheffield had plenty of grit in reserve! Hmmmm sneakier and sneakier! :suspect:

That's interesting as on each news report on Magic AM today the Council kept saying Sheffield had plenty of grit in reserve! Hmmmm sneakier and sneakier! :suspect:

its true -its reporting on Newsnight now tht many councils are running out of grit

If anybody has ever played footy on the works dept artificial pitch they'll understand where all the grit went :hihi:

its true -its reporting on Newsnight now tht many councils are running out of grit

Then again, considering this kind of weather event doesn't happen every winter, and hasn't done for quite some time, it's to be expected that their reserves aren't sufficient.

Quite understandable really. It's just a shame nowadays that many organisations and individuals feel wary of putting their hands up and saying; "Yup, we got it wrong!", in case they get sued!

Don't Blame it on Handsworth Methodist Church, it's got a nice covering of snow on it though. ps when did you go?

Not blaming it on Handsworth Methodist Church, think me and the big man just got our wires crossed lol.

Went there from 1977 until we moved in 1989. Still go for the Christmas day service every year otherwise we are not allowed Christmas dinner. Would I know you? My mum used to run the Anchor boys and my Aunty was the Captain of the Girls' brigade until recently when my Cousin's Wife took over?

Ah, but maybe He IS listening and is just sending it via Stradbroke? Would prove His existence a little too dramatically if 10 foot of snow suddenly landed on Ecclesall without touching any other part of the city! :hihi:

Would be good though - in fact that really would be truely amazing oh please let that happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: