The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Bus & Tram Travel Information as at 4:15pm http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/News/Reported+Service+Alterations.htm

** Traveline is currently experiencing high call volumes and some technical difficulties. Please bear with us. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience **

Accident on Park Grange Road - Supertram unable to operate between Sheffield Station and Gleadless Town End - Update to follow with more info.

Please be aware that generally services are running delayed due to the sheer volume of traffic on the roads. However, unless stated below services are running their normal routes.

Some additional road closures (info from First) - Seagrave Cres, Chadwick Road, Sandstone Road, Long Line

First 57/58s are running along bottom road and are not going on to the estates. The same is the case for the Stagecoach Supertram Link and TM Travel 201 service.

The Stagecoach 25 service in Sheffield is running as far as Old Mother Redcap and then turning around.

Stagecoach 88 service is now running its full route (i.e. all the way to High Green).

Powells M92 service is having difficulties serving Harley.

Sheffield Community Transport service M17 is not serving Twentywell Lane/St Quentin Drive and is going along the main road instead.

Stagecoach services operating out of Rawmarsh, including 224, 222, 226, 229 and 218, are all badly affected by ice and ungritted roads. Buses are getting severely delayed and stuck.

First service 66 is diverting around the Norfolk Hill area as the road is closed.

First service 27 is affected by the fact that Mason Avenue, Aston, is closed.

Powells have informed us that the X7 service will be operating but that it may only be serving the main, gritted, roads. This will very much depend on the weather at the time.

TM Travel 293 service is now serving Dronfield Hill Top area.

School update - information provided by local councils and radio

Bradfield School is shutting and MASS are sending school buses now to collect students.

Stocksbridge School is closing at 11.45. School buses are on their way to collect pupils.

Maltby Comprehensive is closing. School buses on way.

Don Valley in Doncaster is already shut.

Norcliffe in Doncaster is presently still open.

Pupil Referral units closed:

Cusworth

Springboad

Nexus

Gateway

Maple Med

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Edited by djelibeybi
added Link

I have just had a fantastic slippery walk through a winter wonderland ( corny l know, but it was beautiful). of course l fell over but it was a soft landing! then l borrowed a sledge from some kids tobogganing in the field and it felt sooooooooo amazing flying down the field, snow blowing into my face, l felt 10 yrs old again.

Yes the weather can be a pain and for all of you having to travel home, please take care ....... but for me, today has been huge fun!

Cool! :cool:

I got snowballed by my little 'un - his laughter was worth all the sogginess. :thumbsup:

Why you are not going to be cut off from civilization!! I saw a guy in Morrisons at lunch today and he had about 8 loaves of bread and about 6 litres of milk, crazy!!

The stocked up i meant was with the essentials: you know hot chocolate, sweets and nibbles for when I'm sat like a saddo looking at the pretty snow from my warm bedroom!

I have just had a fantastic slippery walk through a winter wonderland ( corny l know, but it was beautiful). of course l fell over but it was a soft landing! then l borrowed a sledge from some kids tobogganing in the field and it felt sooooooooo amazing flying down the field, snow blowing into my face, l felt 10 yrs old again.

Yes the weather can be a pain and for all of you having to travel home, please take care ....... but for me, today has been huge fun!

What a lovely post.:thumbsup:

Motorways seem to now be getting worse due to the Snow and Ice as can be seen on the traffic cameras here - http://www.traffic.sy-transport.co.uk/motorway_jam_cams.htm

Sheffield seems to be doing slightly better, though traffic looks appaling at the moment as can be seen here - http://www.traffic.sy-transport.co.uk/sheffield_jam_cams.htm

Stay safe people!

According to the latest reports by the BBC we are now getting all the snow from the South and it is expected to keep on snowing for the next 24 hours at least!