Grow up Scotland

The Watcher

I've come to ignore most of your posts as I realise they're just a attention seeking ploy, but I have to comment on this:

Whilst his post is a bit of an over reaction, to deny anyone in England the right to call him a cheat for what he did insinuating that it is childish is on top!

Agreed, even if you are still upset that your Uncle was Captain on the General Belgrano when Thatcher blew it out of the water.

Anyone who's english and thinks he's a legend wants treating with contempt! One of the best players of all time yes but to us not a legend.

He was a legend.

He joined Napoli, a third-rate Italian footy team, and took them to domestic and European greatness.

Compare that to the current crop of £50,000+a week soccer 'stars' who'll only join a top-rate footy team in case being associated with a lower-ranking squad will ruin their bankability (if that's a proper word) and financial prospects.

I've come to ignore most of your posts as I realise they're just a attention seeking ploy, but I have to comment on this:

Agreed, even if you are still upset that your Uncle was Captain on the General Belgrano when Thatcher blew it out of the water.

He was a legend.

He joined Napoli, a third-rate Italian footy team, and took them to domestic and European greatness.

Compare that to the current crop of £50,000+a week soccer 'stars' who'll only join a top-rate footy team in case being associated with a lower-ranking squad will ruin their bankability (if that's a proper word) and financial prospects.

Ignore my posts! Given the tripe you post they should inspire you! and you do follow me around like a sheep dog so I find your comments puzzling.

What did he do for english football? Nothing thus he is not a legend to us, a legend in Italy, Argentina, and even those plonkers up north fair enough!

An amazing player who took Napoli up yes, they were different times! A bit like when Thatcher took this country to greater things you'll find!

It's the governing bodies and the clubs who have created the monster with respect to players today. They pay the wages! Like a player should turn em down? Yes it ruins the player and they get greedy but they all seem as bad so make of that what you will!

He's a cheat! Are you english?? :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

He's a legend. I won't let one moment cloud my judgement of what he did at both club and international level. We will probably never be lucky enough to see someone with his footballing skill ever again.

Butcher is spot on!

He should stick one on the cheating, drug taking midget, not shake his hand.

As for the sad, sad country that is Scotland. Their only chance of World Cup glory, is to support any team playing England. Sod 'em!

Butcher is only sore because he got made to look like an idiot for the second goal.

But that should not make him a legend in your eyes. An amazing player yes but there is a difference!

I've studied his career, read books about him, he's a legend in my eyes and many others. He made his mistakes as have lots of people. Football nowadays is missing people of his stature.

I've studied his career, read books about him, he's a legend in my eyes and many others. He made his mistakes as have lots of people. Football nowadays is missing people of his stature.

No it's not, the games full of cheats and druggies who can put in a good game!