House/Waste Clearance & rubbish removal - no jobs, quotes or advertising

Private Tenants and Householders

If you have a fridge or freezer that needs collection, there is a collection charge of £18.

For all other items of bulky waste there is a collection charge of £39.36 (maximum 10 items). This charge also applies if you have a fridge/freezer and another type of bulky waste such as a settee.

For tenants on income support, housing benefit, pension credit or job seekers allowance the charge is £15.

I believe items that contain cfcs are removed for free,to prevent escape of greenhouses.

You can't rely on the Council services taking any rubbish away from your home. I'm a Council Tenant, I requested for two old televison sets to be taken out of my backyard for me and disposed of safely and lawfully.

It's 6 months since I made that request, the television sets are still in my backyard.

Hi give me a call happy to come and quote thanks

have you tried the council they remove stuff but just have to list everything and it's free as far as i remember

yer try the council they usually move it for free,

yer try the council they usually move it for free,

It's free only if you are a council tenant, Cooking fat, if you are a home-owner or rent from a housing association, or rent privately, it is chargeable. It's about £30, or £15 if you are in receipt of certain benefits,

This is stupid you can't keep taking jobs to the council tip. This is why I gave it up too many muppets about

i am also looking for someone to dispose of 2 mattresses and a double divan base ,any offer..s from reputable waste removal welcome

You can dispose of a mattress in the bin and a 3 piece sweet. I have done both.It may take a few weeks but all you need is a hacksaw and a pair of pliers.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 17:02 ----------

Its not...They do it for private tenants too. They need to know what sort of stuff there is to move though. If you just ring the council they will be able to give you a number.

Hi Samantha. Just had a look at their site and it says there is a charge if your not a tenant.

You can dispose of a mattress in the bin and a 3 piece sweet. I have done both.It may take a few weeks but all you need is a hacksaw and a pair of pliers.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 17:02 ----------

Hi Samantha. Just had a look at their site and it says there is a charge if your not a tenant.

Rip cover/stuffing etc off mattress and then leave spring frame/mesh out for metal collectors.:cool:

Same with settee, but then burn wooden frame:cool:

Rip cover/stuffing etc off mattress and then leave spring frame/mesh out for metal collectors.:cool:

Same with settee, but then burn wooden frame:cool:

Just burn it whole ,and you will be left with just the springs anyway , everything else will be gone.

We need to dispose of a settee and armchair and the council have quoted us £20. We are not council tenants.

We need to dispose of a settee and armchair and the council have quoted us £20. We are not council tenants.

Here is a solution, dump both in a field, someone will no doubt call council. Which then makes you charge zero. :)