Platillos - Leopold Square

I was bought a groupon for there for Xmas that I havent used yet!

I was bought a groupon for there for Xmas that I havent used yet!

Go to the creditors meeting then.

We went a couple of weeks ago with a groupon voucher. It was nice food but nothing spectacular.

It didn't have any stand out features, it was just a mid range mid quality place and there are thousands of those.

It's plasticky and soulless with terrible music but the food's reasonable. It's not somewhere I'd go again.

The food was rubbish. It's the creditors that I feel sorry for, they'll never get their money back. Whilst the company behind Platillos will just go and open elsewhere under a different name.

Nice enough bar but it was run terribly its a pity though hopefully some one will take the space over and do it properly. I agree with the comment about creditors they did the same thing at wig and pen when they opened platillos and left a stack of debts there too.

Just for clarity I mean when some of the owners of platilos were involved in wig and pen not the milestone lads who run it now.

Many companies do this and it should be criminal. They will have made sure all the takings they took over Christmas are safe, not paid a single person, then closed shop.

When I worked in the catering industry, restaurants and bars did this all the time, running up a dept with us, declaring themselves bankrupt without warning, then opening somewhere else the following month under a different guise. And there is nothing you can do about it.

This is really sad news. Their tapas and the taste was actually one of the better ones. Their pricing may be a little bit high, but it was an overall good venue to be honest. I think I will definitely miss this place.

Many companies do this and it should be criminal. They will have made sure all the takings they took over Christmas are safe, not paid a single person, then closed shop.

When I worked in the catering industry, restaurants and bars did this all the time, running up a dept with us, declaring themselves bankrupt without warning, then opening somewhere else the following month under a different guise. And there is nothing you can do about it.

HMRC can ask for a security or bond from any company trying to "phoenix" before they are allowed to trade. This helps to secure any future debts they may run up with HMRC. This was brought in because HMRC lost its preferential creditor class.

Of course this is no help to the many other creditors that may be left high and dry.

I'm sure I read somewhere on Facebook yesterday that Tropeiro restaurant (attached to Leopold Square) has gone into administration, or at least the group has that owns the chain, still trading though.

Cant seem to find it now.

Pity it's closed down as I used to there regularly. Suppose it's hard for businesses to survive these days.

Making way for Hooters, lol. Nah, I never would have one, too posh:)