Why Are So Many People MOANING About Being Unemployed?

Ok, I am fed up with constantly hearing on this forum statements like

"I can't find a job"

"No one will employ me"

"I want to work and will do anything, but there is no work out there"

All of these are jsut rubbish and I really believe that most of the people that are moaning are doing so casue they feel they should moan, but don't actually really want to work.

We have now been advertising for staff for over 6 months and yes we have had one or two applicants, but not anywhere near the amount of people that are moaning about not being able to work.

We are not necessarly looking for people with vast experiance, in fact the last few members of staff we have taken on have never worked in field before and are shaping up to be some of our best staff.

We are not hiding our adverts - we are in the Job Centre, The Star on a Thursday and even the "my Sheffield Jobs" website.

I have read about 10 posts today that state "I will do anyhting, i jsut want to earn and have a job"

If thats true - then get off your backsides and get a job, if its not true - THEN STOP MOANING!!

I have spent the last few weeks speaking with many over managers in the same field and we all face the same problem, staff shortages - decent people that are willing to learn and actually put themselves out.

Yes - the thought of Care Work, may put some people off - but its not like the sterotypical work you think it is - its not all wiping bums and standing in smelly urine stinking buildings. its about taking people out, helping people and having fun.

We actually offer not jsut a job, but this field can be a career progression, yes the wages aren't great when starting off (5.65 - 5.80/hour) however with training and dedication this can be dramatically increased.

I employed someone 2 years ago - they worked hard, went to college (funded course - didn't cost them a penny, jsut their time) and within two years was promoted past senior and in now heading towards a deputy managers post.

It can be done - so in the words of the sports shoes company - JUST DO IT.

"I can't find a job"

"No one will employ me"

All of these are jsut rubbish and I really believe that most of the people that are moaning are doing so casue they feel they should moan, but don't actually really want to work.

We have now been advertising for staff for over 6 months and yes we have had one or two applicants, but not anywhere near the amount of people that are moaning about not being able to work.

We are not necessarly looking for people with vast experiance, in fact the last few members of staff we have taken on have never worked in field before and are shaping up to be some of our best staff.

We are not hiding our adverts - we are in the Job Centre, The Star on a Thursday and even the "my Sheffield Jobs" website.

I have read about 10 posts today that state "I will do anyhting, i jsut want to earn and have a job"

If thats true - then get off your backsides and get a job, if its not true - THEN STOP MOANING!!

I have spent the last few weeks speaking with many over managers in the same field and we all face the same problem, staff shortages - decent people that are willing to learn and actually put themselves out.

Yes - the thought of Care Work, may put some people off - but its not like the sterotypical work you think it is - its not all wiping bums and standing in smelly urine stinking buildings. its about taking people out, helping people and having fun.

We actually offer not jsut a job, but this field can be a career progression, yes the wages aren't great when starting off (5.65 - 5.80/hour) however with training and dedication this can be dramatically increased.

I employed someone 2 years ago - they worked hard, went to college (funded course - didn't cost them a penny, jsut their time) and within two years was promoted past senior and in now heading towards a deputy managers post.

If you are so desparate for workers then why not try paying a decent wage I am sure you would be inundated with applicants then.

Same old thing people paying peanuts then what do you expect!!!!

HHHmmm

There are very few jobs that will start someone with No experiance or qualifications on a decent wage. Yet as i originally stated, if people are willing to learn and work they can very soon climb up the ladder and earn a more than decent wage.

Sadly, we are regulated and paid for clients by the social services. The goverment determine how much they can pay us for clients and therefore how much we can pay staff that are jsut starting out - however we do offer free training, constant help, support and supervision to help people climb up and develope themselves.

But the wage isn't my real issue, the issue is that there a large number of people that would rather sit on their backsides and moan about not being able to find work - than actually going out and getting it.

Surely people would rather have the self respect to have earned whatever they have rather than que up at the post office and collect state hand outs.

Now I am not banding every one here with the same brush - there are a lot of people that need their benifits and are quite entitled to them, however there are ALOT of people that could easily work but jsut can't be bothered and would rather moan and collect handouts rather than earn a living.

By the way Powerage - nice signature (best track of the album)

HHHmmm

There are very few jobs that will start someone with No experiance or qualifications on a decent wage. Yet as i originally stated, if people are willing to learn and work they can very soon climb up the ladder and earn a more than decent wage.

Sadly, we are regulated and paid for clients by the social services. The goverment determine how much they can pay us for clients and therefore how much we can pay staff that are jsut starting out - however we do offer free training, constant help, support and supervision to help people climb up and develope themselves.

But the wage isn't my real issue, the issue is that there a large number of people that would rather sit on their backsides and moan about not being able to find work - than actually going out and getting it.

Surely people would rather have the self respect to have earned whatever they have rather than que up at the post office and collect state hand outs.

Now I am not banding every one here with the same brush - there are a lot of people that need their benifits and are quite entitled to them, however there are ALOT of people that could easily work but jsut can't be bothered and would rather moan and collect handouts rather than earn a living.

By the way Powerage - nice signature (best track of the album)

Cheers.

I was just meaning that a lot of people may be more willing to move off benefits to do a job if they are actually going to get more money by working.

Unfortunately on minimum wage that is not really going to happen realistically

once you have taken housing benefit, council tax benefit into consideration along with child benefit (if children are applicable). Some people may even be worse off depending on how many kids they have.:suspect:

I wouldn't mind doing care work, but I only want a short-term job (up until January). Since there seems like a lot of training involved and stuff about "career progression", I don't know if it'd be worth applying for...

Yhey dont want a job, they want a pension e.g give me some money every week to keep me in a lifestyle I think I deserve I will do as little as possible to deserve it.

Its time people in this country got of thier backsides and started make a contribution instead of continually bleating about how the "system" cheats and holds them down.We are pathetic, The economies of China and India are growing while ours stagnates. In case anyone thinks that the Chinese people are repressed and forced to work against thier will, I have been there, its not true.

I doubt you'd take on someone with back problems am I right? And having back problems would I want to be caring for other people? Is it even practical? I have to sit down when I need to and stand up when I need to. I am after a job but some how cripple girl here thinks that you wouldn't be employing me!!!

I want to work, I do, but not at the risk of annoying my employer and the risk of my back.

8 months off work and I'm not intitled to a penny according to the government - Im such a spunge.

"I can't find a job"

"No one will employ me"

I just wish you'd rewrite your post so I can easily read it!

I just wish you'd rewrite your post so I can easily read it!

you mean read it easily

Depends on where you are looking for work, what type of work, there are not the jobs around and even less now and I am sorry it will get worse before it gets better.

I do not want to employ staff who cannot spell, cannot speak correctly, or put in a full week, but by the same token, I think a proper wage should be paid and not just the minumum you can get away with paying.

I have practical experience in administration. i am VERY good at it.

Unfortunatly some employers think all unemployed are scroungers, or leeches, so they don't get even offered a chance, the onus lies on employers, I cant tell you how many spec letters, how many applications i have done, i dont even get the courtesy letter saying sorry.

I want a job, in admin, i have been told frequently i am too old (35), too young, not experienced enough, too experienced.

Seems that a lot of employers want to hire graduates, who are frequently unable to do the jobs,rather that people with the practical experience. The other problem is travelling, sometimes its not easy to travel into work, what with the expenses etc.. where i live i have to get a taxi back to my home if the job finishes late, now thats a HUGE expense.

I am Trained in administration i have my qualifications in business, Yet employers dont seem to want to hire me, is it because my home town died in the 90's ex mining town, and all other industries went. and so there was a massive glut of unemployed, with more recent experience.

I am considered as said by you an employer, that i should get off my backside and apply.. if i did would you guarentee a job for me.. i doubt it. its all about market forces and profit and loss.. you as an employer are now more focused on getting graduates.

Or people with the caring certificates, but if you cant study these, then you cannot do the job due to government regulations.