Why Are So Many People MOANING About Being Unemployed?

I would say to the people who are denegrating the people out of work to stop and think a while. With the employment situation as it is now and growing worse by the day, they could be in the same position and then will have to join the rest of the people who are having difficulty. The facts are they will be in more difficulties than the people they are tearing strips off, because they will have more debts to pay off, simply because they have been in work, mortgages, loans, credit cards, store cards, which have all been available to them becuase they were in work, the peope who have been out of work and looking or jobs, sometimes writing letters by the 100's and not even getting a response from the advertising employer.

I do know that we have as many as 4 - 5 hundred applications for a single job when we advertise, you simply cannot afford to answer them all, nor are you able to read every CV and check it out, nor can you interview very many of the applicants.

Employers would rather take on 17 /18 year old and pay the bare minimum than pay for someone with experience that will cost them more.

Unfortunately things in the employment market are going from bad to worse and will affect people who have never experienced the humiliating treatment that some of these posters have.

All I can say is "hope to goodness you don't get affected". Then you will sing a different tune on the subject.

I would say to the people who are denegrating the people out of work to stop and think a while. With the employment situation as it is now and growing worse by the day, they could be in the same position and then will have to join the rest of the people who are having difficulty. The facts are they will be in more difficulties than the people they are tearing strips off, because they will have more debts to pay off, simply because they have been in work, mortgages, loans, credit cards, store cards, which have all been available to them becuase they were in work, the peope who have been out of work and looking or jobs, sometimes writing letters by the 100's and not even getting a response from the advertising employer.

I do know that we have as many as 4 - 5 hundred applications for a single job when we advertise, you simply cannot afford to answer them all, nor are you able to read every CV and check it out, nor can you interview very many of the applicants.

Employers would rather take on 17 /18 year old and pay the bare minimum than pay for someone with experience that will cost them more.

Unfortunately things in the employment market are going from bad to worse and will affect people who have never experienced the humiliating treatment that some of these posters have.

All I can say is "hope to goodness you don't get affected". Then you will sing a different tune on the subject.

My point exactly, not every unemployed person is a worskhy layabout who lives for his benefits! Take me for instance, I'm officially classed as unemployed, but I currently work on a voluntary basis, and have been doing so for more years than I care to remember, having worked for almost every Charity in Sheffield over the last chuff knows how many years!

Now, I have all this experience, and have also spent more than half my life being educated, and thus have more qualifications, bar a Degree, than I can remember to write them all on my CV, can I get a paid job? Even a poxy mininum wage shelf stacking job in Hillsborough Co Op? No chance, the Co Op said shelf stacking was beneath me cos I was OVER-QUALIFIED! I officially give up! Every time I try to get ahead in the world of employment, I get stupid numpties from Agencies messing me about, or the companies don't even have the courtesy to let me know either way whether I've got the job, more often than not, the answer's no.. Why?! Purely because I'm disabled! Which under the DDA is supposed to be ILLEGAL to discriminate against! :rant: :rant: :loopy:

my step dad is a qualified telecom engineer who cannot get work. he also is an experienced multi drop/delivery driver. he been outta work since may .....cant get anything. wont work for minimum wage as with 2 kids at home will be worse off .....anyone any suggestions

what a load of crap you are talking stopnsmile.

Hi,All you people who say they can't find work or a way to earn some money.

If you all take a look at our web site http://hallmark1.fragrances.fm this will show you how you can earn as much money as YOU want,that's if you want to WORK for it.

NO DISCRIMINATION! Black,Brown,Yellow,Disabled in fact anyone can earn money at this business if they want it enough.

If I was as desperate as some of you say you are I WOULD DO ANYTHING.

Ok, I am fed up with constantly hearing on this forum statements like

"I can't find a job"

"No one will employ me"

"I want to work and will do anything, but there is no work out there"

All of these are jsut rubbish and I really believe that most of the people that are moaning are doing so casue they feel they should moan, but don't actually really want to work.

We have now been advertising for staff for over 6 months and yes we have had one or two applicants, but not anywhere near the amount of people that are moaning about not being able to work.

We are not necessarly looking for people with vast experiance, in fact the last few members of staff we have taken on have never worked in field before and are shaping up to be some of our best staff.

We are not hiding our adverts - we are in the Job Centre, The Star on a Thursday and even the "my Sheffield Jobs" website.

I have read about 10 posts today that state "I will do anyhting, i jsut want to earn and have a job"

If thats true - then get off your backsides and get a job, if its not true - THEN STOP MOANING!!

I have spent the last few weeks speaking with many over managers in the same field and we all face the same problem, staff shortages - decent people that are willing to learn and actually put themselves out.

Yes - the thought of Care Work, may put some people off - but its not like the sterotypical work you think it is - its not all wiping bums and standing in smelly urine stinking buildings. its about taking people out, helping people and having fun.

We actually offer not jsut a job, but this field can be a career progression, yes the wages aren't great when starting off (5.65 - 5.80/hour) however with training and dedication this can be dramatically increased.

I employed someone 2 years ago - they worked hard, went to college (funded course - didn't cost them a penny, jsut their time) and within two years was promoted past senior and in now heading towards a deputy managers post.

It can be done - so in the words of the sports shoes company - JUST DO IT.

well av u ad a look on here ime a p/d been 1 for 15years some body puts a job on and 30 go for it thats a slak day and u get people not in the trade with daft qoutes:mad: so get off evey bodys bak and get a life :loopy:

Maybe it has something to do with employers just ignoring people when they enquire about jobs :x

Of course people with moan, unemployment is a serious issue. Maybe you should give details of vacancies?

StopnSmile,

With regards to your post I would like to make a few comments.

To begin with your post is rather stereotypical and can be conceived as rather patronising and offensive. The forum is a utility in order to help each other and the aforementioned post does not help anyone.

Would it not be more tangible to advertise what work you are offering? I can see you understand the problems with unemployment at the moment - the figures don't lie unfortunately and help from employers such as yourself would be appreciated by this forum.

It seems to me that all you are doing is sabotaging your reputation and you will not find any prospective employees whilst you maintain that attitude.

You sir are an idiot of the highest order...

Sorry Xangelic your response is highly inappropriate, the issue raised is perfectly reasonable and raises questions regarding the benefit system, benefit dependency, care of the old and infirm, the apparent unwillingness of the British to work in the service sector etc. To personally abuse the person is wrong. Whilst you may take issue with Stopn smile to call him/her an idiot is wrong and you should either answer his/her challenges in detail or apologise.

I do not find the comments Stopnsmile makes in any way offensive or patronising, I rather detect someone who takes pride in their work and has difficulty in understanding why it is unattractive to others.

StopnSmile,

With regards to your post I would like to make a few comments.

To begin with your post is rather stereotypical and can be conceived as rather patronising and offensive. The forum is a utility in order to help each other and the aforementioned post does not help anyone.

Would it not be more tangible to advertise what work you are offering? I can see you understand the problems with unemployment at the moment - the figures don't lie unfortunately and help from employers such as yourself would be appreciated by this forum.

It seems to me that all you are doing is sabotaging your reputation and you will not find any prospective employees whilst you maintain that attitude.

You sir are an idiot of the highest order...

Wow

Well firstly thank you Xenia, you seem to be one of the few sensible people that have actually understood the point I was making - I appreciate that.

People such as many of the previous posters (xangelic to name one) only really only exaggerate my point. If you had taken the time to look, I have on several occasions posted vacancies on this site, has any one applied? I have also posted an large advert in the star a few weeks back and with the biggest job website in Sheffield (not sure if I can name the site here or not - but on the site there are STILL over 40 vacancies in this industry alone) Now let me explain what happened – I had over 60 phone calls for applications, I spent an afternoon sending out application forms, have a guess at how many I got back out of the 60?

You were probably close – TWELVE, yes TWELVE out of 60.

So I organised interviews for those 12, nine of the twelve managed to turn up for the interview and six of those basically admitted that they didn’t actually want the job but HAD to attend interviews to keep receiving their benefits.

Now these are the people that I also find MOANING about being unemployed.

I am not stupid and am fully aware that some people do have difficulties finding work, but also if people really want to work, there IS ALWAYS work out there.

In the past I have packed fruit in a factory, I have cleaned public toilets, I have emptied the bins in car parks and streets – yes most of these for minimum wage at the time.

My point is – there is always work of you are actually willing to work.

We have not been searching for the highest quailfied people, not even the cleverest people – we have just been looking for good honest people that are willing to work and help others – the is what we do, yes its not the most glamourous of work – but I go home in the evenings quite content and happy. Surely earning a living (however small) is better than being given handouts by the state – where is the pride in that.

Now to give an example, we have recently been approached my a training scheme that helps people back to work and these people are willing to earn very little while they try a job out – they still receive benefits while trying out for a few weeks and then if all is ok, they come on full time at a full time rate of pay – basically they are willing to work INITAILY for the same amount as they receive from the state, because they can see a better future, they have the foresight and pride to actually earn what they have instead of moaning!

Xangelic as the previous poster said, I take pride in what I do – I know it makes others happy, the WHOLE industry is short staffed especially in Sheffield and people here are moaning that they have no work – when actually what it appears to be is that they are unwilling.

And as you said, this is a forum to help others – so I am not going to lower myself to basic insults as you did in your post and I do feel that if you can grasp the concept that I am trying to get across and understand it, then an apology would be in order.