The Car Boot Megathread - see first post for list of forthcoming car boot sales

Unfortunately, they are limited to how many car boots they can have, and this weekend is the last one until next year. :thumbsup:

Cheers, you're right I just phoned them, Sunday is the last one of the year. But the lady on the phone said the school had a autumn fayre and last year there was a car boot.

Just 2 more car boot sales at Hope left this season, the 4th and 11th October. Does anyone know if Bakewell is all the year round, or does that finish soon too?
Thanks Henny. My recollection is that Bakewell does end for the winter and restarts. Is there something posted on the website?

Thanks Henny. My recollection is that Bakewell does end for the winter and restarts. Is there something posted on the website?

I just checked the website and the last one was last Sunday :(

We need someone to open a nice indoor boot sale within reasonable distance of Sheffield for the winter :hihi:

Hai guize!

I'll be joining Sheff uni next year and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good sunday morning bootsale with sunglasses, pretty bags, random pendants etc.

I attend one where I currently live in Brighton and want to find something similar when I head up next year :)

Thankkkkks

Allo - does anyone know the dates of the Car Boot thats at the junction of Chesterfield Rd South and Jordanthorpe Parkway?

I wanting to attend a big one on the weekend opf the 10/11th October (preferably the 11th)

Any advice would be much appreciated - the only one I know is on is the one at Hope Valley

Hai guize!

I'll be joining Sheff uni next year and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good sunday morning bootsale with sunglasses, pretty bags, random pendants etc.

I attend one where I currently live in Brighton and want to find something similar when I head up next year :)

Thankkkkks

Allo - does anyone know the dates of the Car Boot thats at the junction of Chesterfield Rd South and Jordanthorpe Parkway?

I wanting to attend a big one on the weekend opf the 10/11th October (preferably the 11th)

Any advice would be much appreciated - the only one I know is on is the one at Hope Valley

Please see the first post. A lot of the car boots are now winding up for the winter and restart in April May next year (meanwhile we all get withdrawal symptoms!) There are a few stragglers that contiune into October (see first post again) A few that I believe continue over the Winter are Chesterfield Town Centre, Oldcoates and Barnsley.

Jangosolo, I think you might be talking about Bowshaw and I've a feeling it's finished now.

lizzie-emily, I don't know if we've anything so cosmopolitan as you describe having in Brighton. I think it's just a case of trying out a few and seeing what there is. It can be hit and miss but it's usually interesting. Personal favourites are Lady Manners (posh public Girl's School out in Bakewell), Hope and sometimes Bowshaw (sometimes it's awful!). There are some huge ones such as Marsh Lane and just for sheer volume, you're likely to find something for you...? Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Bakewell showground is advertised as being on throughout October.

Lady Manners is on this weekend (by the way just for info it's not a public school, and it's mixed)

lizzie-emily, I don't know if we've anything so cosmopolitan as you describe having in Brighton. I think it's just a case of trying out a few and seeing what there is. It can be hit and miss but it's usually interesting. Personal favourites are Lady Manners (posh public Girl's School out in Bakewell), Hope and sometimes Bowshaw (sometimes it's awful!). There are some huge ones such as Marsh Lane and just for sheer volume, you're likely to find something for you...? Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hey, thanks for the info, I'll have a try :) I'm in Sheffield this weekend so I'll try and find one near the town centre that I can visit.

Thanks again!

Car boot at Carfield Primary School, Argyle Close S8 9HJ on Sunday october 18th. 9-11.30am

Would anybody recommend Barnsleys Car Boot Sale?

Is the High Green Paces car boot all year round or is this sunday's the last of the year?

can anyone tell me the best way to get to Pack Horse Lane from s6 area (landmarks etc). Not too sure where abouts it is...

Edited by susiebooshoe
spelling

Would anybody recommend Barnsleys Car Boot Sale?
Nope normally very poor.:(