Will Sheffield flood again today?

how come every time it even slightly rains theres talk of a flood again

sheffield hadnt flooded for a long time before last year

so what makes everyone think that it will flood soon again?

Part of me wishes it would as my work is now right next to the river so i'd get some time off!!!!

I think people often forget that the floods last year weren't just as a result of one morning's worth of heavy rain. We had seen heavy showers and prolongued rain pretty much daily for about 2 and a half weeks in S6 leading up to that Monday (my birthday incidently!).

It was an accumulation of rain water that just hadn't had a chance to drain away. We had a close shave around January this year as well - river levels were getting very high with the Don down near Meadowhall starting to run onto the path - but luckily it stopped raining and receded before it got to being a problem.

We could be in for problems if we have sustained rainy period again with the odd continual heavy rain like that we saw this morning. We need to hope that the summer continues in the way that it's taken shape already - some dry spells in between the very wet spells.

It hasn`t rained nearly enough as it did last year(also my birthday lukeowl1979)

The ground was already completely soaked due to 2 weeks af rainfall, then it was a constant downpour, onto the already sodden ground that caused the problems. I think people tend to panic(understandably if your home was destroyed) as soon as it starts to rain heavy.