The Owls win and eeerrrmmmm the Blades lose

coopster1974

Both sides of the city have been talking about having decent seasons etc etc, but when all is said and done unless Wednesday n United got 11 new players then even if either of us did get promoted we would be staright back down, United failed big time in there attempt to stay up last time and im sure Wednesday wouldn't fair much better unless we got some real finance.

Look at the amounts of money the so called strugglers of the prem spend, Sunderland have just put an 8 million bid in for Anton Ferdinand, neither Sheffield club could match that now or anywhere in the near future.

What on earth have you been drinking corker ?

United got relegated on goal average.

However you can say that translates to failing big time beats me.

Most of your posts make sense but I think that you missed the bus on this one. :suspect:

I'll put it down to your shell shocked weekend.

Don't wish to use it as an excuse but do you honestly think that if ManU had needed the points to clinch the PL title that West Ham would have beaten them ?

I don't.

C'mon Chuffers!

United are miles away from competing in the Prem, and Wednesday are a few miles behind United.

You could go up again this season, but without huge investment in players, the probability is, you'd come straight back down. No doubt you'd be happy finishing 4th from bottom, but this struggle would continue for a couple of years or so, before the inevitable drop.

Yep, 2 or 3 years struggle in the Prem is better than playing in the Championship, but being perennial trapdoor merchants doesn't really impress anyone. Corkers comment about Sunderland is spot on, the Prem is an extremely difficult league to stay in, and at the moment, bigger and better teams than United are bricking it this year as relegation is already on the tongues of their supporters. I'm not saying United wouldn't spend big should they go up this year, but if they don't get proper quality in, the present crop of players wouldn't have a prayer in the Prem. They may survive (great result) but it wouldn't last. I'm not sure even KM's dosh is enough to make a dent in the Prem at first, so the more times you survive, the better the available cash. You have to get there first though!;)

What on earth have you been drinking corker ?

United got relegated on goal average.

However you can say that translates to failing big time beats me.

Most of your posts make sense but I think that you missed the bus on this one. :suspect:

I'll put it down to your shell shocked weekend.

Don't wish to use it as an excuse but do you honestly think that if ManU had needed the points to clinch the PL title that West Ham would have beaten them ?

I don't.

Im always missing the bus lol, and the reason i said you failed big time is because you were at one point in the season in a great position to stay in the premiership.:thumbsup:

Wolves' £400,000 capture of Iwelumo, has to be one of the best bits of transfer business of the close season.

A proven 20 goal a season man with Colchester 2 years ago, two last year for Charlton against us, two more on Saturday.

Wouldn't mind having him added to our squad next time he comes available, after Wolves miss out on promotion and decide to completely change their squad again.

Many years ago we signed John Ritchie mainly to stop him scoring against us!

I know if we signed every player who has ever scored twice against us; we would need a squad of 200!

Im always missing the bus lol, and the reason i said you failed big time is because you were at one point in the season in a great position to stay in the premiership.:thumbsup:

Granted, but I was querying the phrase "big time".

I will grant you that they did fail, as witnessed by relegation.

I guess that it's the degree of emphasis over which we differ. :thumbsup:

I see that Hinds has a broken leg, talk about you guys being star-crossed.

Maybe you should be sacrificing chickens or something to appease the gods of luck.

Sorry for going off topic.

I have to laugh at us lot after listening to Chelsea and Man U fans on Super Sunday stating their respective cases for winning the Premiership title.

And what do we want to do? Finish above each other in what actually is the Second Division. It's about time that the fourth largest city in the country started to harbour ambitions over and above second class football. As a city we are a footballing laughing stock, teams like Stoke, Hull and Wigan are playing Premiership football for gods sake.

I blame the way our city fathers never think of the city as a Manchester, Leeds or Liverpool. When we went to our two cup finals some of the Arsenal fans thought that Sheffield was a small mill town in (wait for it) Lancashire. Doncaster are higher profile nationally than either of the Sheffield clubs because they gave everything that they had to come from where they had fallen. They have a very amiable chairman with lots of ambition who puts his money where his heart is.

Oh I give up where's my coat? :sad:

Granted, but I was querying the phrase "big time".

I will grant you that they did fail, as witnessed by relegation.

I guess that it's the degree of emphasis over which we differ. :thumbsup:

I see that Hinds has a broken leg, talk about you guys being star-crossed.

Maybe you should be sacrificing chickens or something to appease the gods of luck.

Sorry for going off topic.

I read in the Sheffield Telegraph that were supposed to be delving into the loan market this week, we may need 2 loan players after saturdays events.