Anyone Visited Spearmint Rhino Yet?

Wow...its amazing what you'll do when your bored. I've just read most of this carp, so much of the holier-than-thou attitude its shocking.

-These places are sexist, they make women seem lower then men.

-The in the legal sense adultery can only be committed if your married...etc

-The posters are offensive.

-Why is it not ok to have your girlfriend take her clothes, but ok for your sister.

-The guy who owns it is a pimp??

I didn't think the posters were that offensive and see no reason why they should cause so much offense. I can see a reason for people not liking them, but not to the extent stated. Not as many people (children) would have seen that poster in comparison to the extremely raunchy and sex orientated adverts for perfumes for example.

The owner being a pimp?? Shocking. That is an extremely harsh and offensive word! A pimp is a person who quite often will keep "their" women addicted to heroin, and force them to have sex with people to pay for it. They will make them stand on street corners, and belittle them, and beat them. They will treat a woman like a piece of meat.

A person who owns spearmint rhino, does not force anyone to do anything, if they want to strip it is their choice completely and get paid legalla nd are made safe.

What about the chippendales and other male strippers? Is that degrading men? Me and my friends have actually once been mobbed by a hen party group in Bristol they were trying to tear our clothes off, in particular get our trousers off!! Now if you tell a girl that, she's likely to say "oh weren't you lucky". If I called the police and it went to court you think much would happen? I doubt it. Reverse the scenario now its men mobbing woman. Uh oh social outcry, men are charged with assault.

Have you seen the way woman act at chippendale events, and generally male stripping. They go nuts, its far from the more relaxed attitude at a spearmint rhino.

At the end of the day stripping for money in my opinion isn't too great a job, it won't make you feel very good about yourself. However both men and women do it, and it is far from sexist. In fact when a woman is stripping it is likely she feels more power over her audience who are watching her every move, in comparison to a male stripper when everyone is screaming get it offff! That behaviour would land you thrown out of a female stripping club.

I think the whole sexist issue that is brought up by women on this topic is soo over the top. Go burn your bras!! I'll get the male strippers to burn their thongs!

I have to disagree with the above post.

In my opinion a pimp is a man who makes money from a woman stripping/erotic dancing/selling themselves whatever you want to call it. I stand by my comment that the man is a pimp.

well i'll meet the owner of spearmint rhino, and you can meet the guy who controls the prostitutes around the church area!!!

The same person...yeah right!

An established businessman,compared to an abuser/possible drug dealer.

Ok you can work at spearmint rhino, your wage will be £XX.XX an hour. If you can work please at the following hours,

You will have sex with men for money. You will charge £XX for an hour, of that you give me £XX. If you earn £XX a week, then I may possibily hit you.

Yeah of course I can't see a difference either.

Originally posted by steelblade

I don't want to sound like some raving hairy armpitted femenist :o but, I dislike the fact that a man owns these clubs and is in fact a pimp. He makes money from women selling their bodies. Wether or not they have actual sex is irrelevant.

I hate to think of this man rolling in cash that he has made at the expense of a woman selling herself.

I'm sure many of you will disagree with me.

I totally agree with steelblade. What more can I say?

Originally posted by AndyM

My Girlfriend who I've been seeing over the past few months actually works at Rhinos, and I can assure you that they are not millionaires over night.

Its the people who own this club who are the only winners and im not saying that because i hate what she does for a living.

Each girl has to pay a floor fee of between £20 and £60 depending how early or how late they arrive for work and 40% of all the profit made by her has to go back to the club aswell.

On a really good nite she came out with £520 (Take home) but on average your talking anything from £100 t0 £300 per night (7 hr shift).

Its something that she is not ashamed about and nobody has forced her into it , she is in my mind a very strong person ,and is enjoying life aswell as making a tidy living out of it.

Andy.

Does the Inland Revenue know about this?

ok it says on a web site that there is a student night on tuesdays... but will you get in free or is it just an NUS discount? btw its 10 quid to get in.... so has anyone been?

Try doing a search on here - you should get quite a few threads show up :)

Ive been to the rhino and it made my best friends stag do very memorable.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Been to rhino a few times - not a loser just like the errrrrrr decor! much more classier than omega but Omega that night was awesome!

Myself & 6 other Bus Drivers went there as one of them was getting married and we wanted to send him of in style.

I have to say that it was ok but we had better fun in the Woodseats Palace a couple of hours before.

I'm a single male student and went to spearmint rhino on a tuesday (student night - free entry and 4 stellas for £5)

It was pretty awful, you see more attractive dancers in a nightclub, who dance (much) better and because they enjoy it (rather than because they are paid for it)