Anyone Visited Spearmint Rhino Yet?

y'know the wierdiest thing was in my head i imagined a stereotypical situation happening; young girls in tarty clothes getting hassled by middle aged men.

the reality was me and my mates who are 25-35, in trousers, coats and flat shoes (still looking attractive but not in an 'available' or flirty kind of way) getting surrounded by normal guys 22-30 kind of age and they reallly BELIEVED we would take them up on their offer - they hovvered around us for our reply. normally we would answer in a comedy fashion but we we all went dead silent - even gobby me.

did THEY feel so empowered that some 'out of their reach' type women found them sexy? did they not realise its the dancers job to make the customer feel attractive?

What I can't believe is the amount of replies this thread has had. It must be a record.

And TJ give me a shout if you spot any of those creeps in my place. I'll make sure they get thrown out the fire exits head first.

To be honest Tina, fellow men (not sure to call them that) like that would be that low wherever they go. I have been there in the past but would never ever think to be so downright rude and inconsiderate to a woman even in there or out! I should think that would go for the vast majority of their custom.

It is true that the place is said to 'satisfy a need'. I do not agree. I see it as a different entertainment venue. How some lowlifes take it is up to them.

BUT.... if it could be shown that it would keep that type of behaviour off the streets then they could close the place (no offence to you daBouncer). Unfortunately it won't.

Originally posted by JonHarrison

BUT.... if it could be shown that it would keep that type of behaviour off the streets then they could close the place (no offence to you daBouncer). Unfortunately it won't.

Hey it doesn't offend me. I dont work there! :lol:

Hi,

I haven't got anything philosophical and / or intelligent to say but.....I think that men that go to Spearmint Rhino are sad perverts! (hehehehe).

Why are you willing to spend so much money when you can buy mags for £3/4. Plus, you can ogle any number of slappers in town on a Fri / Sat night..........for FREE!

It doesn't make sense to me (maybe it's cos I'm a girl?!?).

Clair x

Jazz mags vs Spearmint Rhino...discuss!!!

I'm one of the guys (I think) that Spearmint Rhino is aimed at - high income, single, young, male - but it's just a little bit seedy for me. I like ladies, especially when they're naked, but I do feel a bit creepy when it comes strip-clubs.

Maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough.

Originally posted by Clair-bear

Hi,

I haven't got anything philosophical and / or intelligent to say but.....I think that men that go to Spearmint Rhino are sad perverts! (hehehehe).

Why are you willing to spend so much money when you can buy mags for £3/4. Plus, you can ogle any number of slappers in town on a Fri / Sat night..........for FREE!

It doesn't make sense to me (maybe it's cos I'm a girl?!?).

Clair x

because when those blokes are in the 'booths' with wipe clean black leather seating it is quite easy to do more than gyrate and ogle. i have now been and i have seen.

Tina,

That sounds horrible.....suggest you should purchase some Optrex or something and wash your eyeballs!

Clair x:)

God its ****, got a mate who dances there. i love women, but got there so so disappointed. been to a few peppermint hippos in my time n i recommend the one in birmingham centre is pretty cool, its nice inside n the girls are really friendly. had a private dance in the sheffers one n was disappointed. she was old, n like a skeleton-not my bag.

I went a few Months ago on a work Stag do.

I got free tickets to get in as my Hairdresser is also the DJ there. Most of the women were well fit, a couple of them were rough. The girls were friendly enough, but apart from one, once they realised you were not gonna pay for a dance they dropped interest in you like a hot spud.

The one girl who kept chatting was real nice and friendly. I had no dances but still spent a fortune on beer and tips fopr the waiting staff and Pole Dancers.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with SR. Women have been selling sex for centuries and probably always will. It's just a fact of life! At least with these sorts of establishments the women can work in safety. And as many have you have pointed out, it's the woman's choice earn their living this way.

I for one would like to see SR have the odd night with male dancers for female clientele. I'd go! I'd enjoy seeing a well muscled, fit, scantily clad gorgeous bloke dancing for my viewing pleasure. Those sorts of male model, six pack types are hard to find and so far out of my league anyway its the only way I'd get to see one up close! ;)

Also, why is it sleazy for a man to ogle women, but generally regarded as a "bit of fun" when a woman does the same to a man? I imagine I'm not the only woman out there who enjoys looking at the male body? Come on girls, back me up!

PS: To anyone from SR reading this, I'm serious about the male dancers!

Originally posted by Jack Yerbody

Jazz mags vs Spearmint Rhino...discuss!!!

I'm one of the guys (I think) that Spearmint Rhino is aimed at - high income, single, young, male - but it's just a little bit seedy for me. I like ladies, especially when they're naked, but I do feel a bit creepy when it comes strip-clubs.

Maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough.

I agree with you here ... personally I think it's all too seedy and sleezy.

Seems a bit sick somewhere ... the whole thing.