Has anyone had pleurisy on here?

Has anyone had pleurisy on here?

How long did it take for he/she to recover?

My ex boyfriend had it and was very very ill. It's a nasty illness.

How long did it take for he/she to recover?

I asked her and she said "months" and her lungs are still scarred to this day.

I didnt know her at the time- except from the internet so Im having to ask her, but she said she still wheezes occasionally now because of it.

ive had it,and as jabber says,it takes a long time to recover from it, it leaves scars on your lungs, i was diagnosed with a possible lung cancer by the hospital until at the meeting i mentioned i had recently had pleurisy

I had it in about 1990. I was very ill for about 2 weeks, and the pain continued for quite a long time after I'd finished the course of antibiotics, because although the infection had cleared up the lungs still take time to repair properly. It was a bad business, at the time I had two very young children and my partner was away working abroad so it may have taken longer to resolve because I wasn't getting any rest.

I had to go to the hallamshire hospital last night because i was in alot of pain,and they have just givin me antibiotics and said it should clear up after a week and if not i need to go and see my GP

My OH informs me that she was diagnosed in November 2001 and when I met her in April of 2002 she was still wheezing, I remember her having to stop all the time to catch her breath when we went for walks. As far as I can remember she was still suffering through the summer of 2002.

I had to go to the hallamshire hospital last night because i was in alot of pain,and they have just givin me antibiotics and said it should clear up after a week and if not i need to go and see my GP
did you have an ex ray ? i hope so...

No she said they could tell from the stethoscope as she could hear crackling

I had it when I was 17 and it took a few weeks to go, it was absolutely bleedin' agony. I thought I was having a heart attack. Still, I got off work.