Gordon Ramsay in Sheffield

You were probably right. He is in Sheffield until Friday. Not exactly sure why but I have been told doing a kitchen nightmares in the area. He is staying at one of the better hotels in town.

Maybe he would like to visit my kitchen...IT IS A NIGHTMARE! in itself and we not talking of the cooking that goes on in there:hihi:

He could do a fine arrangement of Beans with a light tomato salsa sauce topped on the very finest Baps Sheffield can offer.:hihi:

I mention this because I live in hope that the foul-mouthed, supremely-egotistical specimen that rejoices in the name of Gordon Ramsay, may one day experience the same... And were it to happen in this fair city, that would make it a joyous event indeed in my book!

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think he is incredibly good at what he does. He is the most motivating person I have ever seen. The way he (quite rightly) rips into people who are doing a bloody awful job of cooking and then builds them back up, remotivating and redirecting them is fantastic. Yes he swears a lot but so what. I have mates who also use the F word every other word but so what. TV has been sanitised for far too long. Im an adult therefore I can hear adult words on TV if its after the watershed.

To call him egotistical is also unfair. If you're egotistical you use the word "I" far too much which he doesn't. He's confident which is a bit different to egotistical.

I say good on ya Gordon, there are very few people that can make cookery programmes interesting and watchable and his are definitely that!

He could do a fine arrangement of Beans with a light tomato salsa sauce topped on the very finest Baps Sheffield can offer.:hihi:

"baps"??????? "BAPS"????????

You mean breadcakes, surely??

We know them as breadcakes but posh people like the ones he mixes with call them Baps!:hihi:

Beans on toast to us mere mortals.

Yep saw him this morning in the driveway behind The Globe pub with a cuppa in his hand

Without naming names, I thought that Kitchen Nightmares was supposed to be about venues having problems and I'm pretty damn sure this place isn't.

They have had decent reviews and get a lot of publicity locally and don't seem empty - is this just a stunt to get publicity?

I know something of the situation and believe me, despite the excellent food and good reviews and the best bar food award, they are struggling. They NEED this.

He is definitely in town. I hope he is able to successfully turn the place in question around.

I know something of the situation and believe me, despite the excellent food and good reviews and the best bar food award, they are struggling. They NEED this.

I could do it for ten bob without a telly crew. Gordon will say simplify your menu and recipes, do a few good things well, simple ingredients simply cooked like he does EVERY show. And possibly in this case make the live music less intrusive too.

When I heard they were doing this at the place in question I was really surprised as I love the food there and I think the staff are polite and friendly and it represents good value for money. As a few people have said though they are fairly quiet at times and a lot of people don't know about them. I really hope this helps them because they are a good place and I'd be sad to see them go under.

Best of luck to them :)

The odd thing is, that although he's 'doing' the RG, whose food, IMO, is superb, he was sat outside Alfie and Bella's at dinnertime, whose food is, IMO, pretty poor (not to mention their tendency to drop things on the floor then pick them up again if you don't notice! Toasted teacake with added fluff, Gordon?).

Oooh, will somebody PM me with what place it *might* be? I'm a right nosey baggage me! :)

In fact, it's OK... I've twigged it.