Blackstock Tip Appointments?

Just been talking to someone who says she tried to take a car load of junk to Blackstock Tip and was told you now have to ring to book your load in an tell them in advance what you are taking. Is this right???:huh:

I've only ever had to do it for van loads, never for a car load.

It wasn't as of a week ago.

Maybe they looked at what was in her "pile of junk" and decided she was a commercial tipper; I don't think they need proof.

Just been talking to someone who says she tried to take a car load of junk to Blackstock Tip and was told you now have to ring to book your load in an tell them in advance what you are taking. Is this right???:huh:

First time I've heard of that:roll:

Define car. I think it's any vehicle with a trailer or over a certain height rather than just a van. they've been doing this for a while and at the beginning you got a visits grace but maybe not any more.

i went Sunday with a car full no problems then..

I took a car load up there a week ago, and nobody said owt to me about making an appointment next time, and I deposited an old car door, a set of knackered car mats, two computers and an old spinner.

I've been loads of times, never had any problems.

All depends on where you live, i go to the one in Chesterfield across from the rugby ground just past Whittington Moor, you don't have to book and can take vans that are signed written no charge and no booking also

I go to Shirecliffe and they have recently fitted barriers. Cars are usually no problem, but if you have a trailer, a car over a certain height, van or pick up you have to book it in with Veolia on 0114 2734567. They will want to know your registration, make & model, colour of vehicle and what you are taking on what day and at what time. We probably have all seen people abusing the dumpit sites, builders, house clearance dealers and traders who deal in taking rubbish away. But on another note I have a friend who is a pebbledasher / renderer and in January he stripped out his old kitchen. He booked his pick up truck in to dispose of his old kitchen on a Sunday morning like he should and when he got there the staff got shirty with him accusing him of abusing the site. So, its o.k for a d.i.y'er to take his/her old kitchen in the family car, but if you are a pebble dasher who fortunately owns a pick up and is doing a bit of d.i.y on his own house then its abusing the system? So much for abiding by the rules. He now prefers to make several trips in the car its less hassle, not good for the environment though. All in all dump it sites are good for the community and help to reycycle waste.

My OH encountered this when he got use of a friend’s flat back truck, sign written with builders logo, to dispose of some heavy garden waste. He made an appointment, approval was faxed through and within 30min he was allowed to dispose of the waste.

I guess this type of process is inevitable as the cost of disposing of waste properly is on the up. A a couple of years ago a skip cost about £80 now we’re being quoted £150 – so any DIY waste will have to go to the council dump.