3rd Party Canon Batteries

I just got my batteries today from Hong Kong.

1x BP-511A 7.4v 1300mah

2x BP-511A 7.4v 1600mah

The seller sent me 3 batteries but the 1600mah don't seem to be charging in my Genuine Canon CB-5L charger , the 1300mah works and charges fine.

Is the batteries to uprated for the charger to use or something ?

The batteries should charge fine on your Canon charger, sounds like you have a duff battery.

only 1 charges :huh:

other 2 power up the camera but the LED on charger is reporting no charge is going through :confused:

I was wondering if it was like my RC Tank charger, it can only charge up to 5000mah ?

Wandering OT slightly, why the term '3rd party' and not '2nd party'? Assuming Canon are the '1st party in this instance.

2nd Party = A company, in this instance, not owned by Canon, but only makes products specifically for Canon items.

3rd Party = A company who makes many products for various other items.

(I think).

Wandering OT slightly, why the term '3rd party' and not '2nd party'? Assuming Canon are the '1st party in this instance.

2nd party is you. 3rd party is anybody else - just like insurance.

anyways still don't work. The Genuine Canon charger has been reported to charge 1800mah China made 3rd party.

So it looks like i've been sent duff stuff. The batteries were only £1.25 each :o so not lost anything, just annoyed as they take 10 days to arrive.