Im the laughing stock of the building site!!

Be warned though, overfilling a skip with the aid of "greedy boards" etc does not wash with many skip drivers.

Best resolved by the driver who turns to collect the overfilled skip and lowers the lifting arms and drags the excess off first :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, got that right.

I was on a site at gleadless a few years back and the site super did that, I warned him not too but he insisted, there was muck and crap all over the place after the skip driver had finished his scraping and fit of peak.

Fantastic, laughing my ass off for ages, and still chuckling now being reminded of it.

The skip driver did sort of show how high the stuff could go, but my partner thought it would be safer to have a bit of support around the edges - mind you what do I know???:loopy:

Jaynie can you pick me up a long stand whilst you're out or a length of fallopian tubing

jaynie38, i wouldn't worry about being laughing stock, neither me or my OH knew what they was either :hihi:

Jaynie.

While you're at B&Q, can you get me a bubble for a spirit level.

Oh, and some Dyson bags!

Come to think of it, a pack of 4 spark plugs for mi Scenic 1.9 TDi, would be nice!

Hey, I remember being sent for a 'long stand' and a 'golden riveting gun', the later I went and told the guy that Mike wanted to see him after work, somethin' about using his riveter.

............and the long stand gave me an afternoon off, I went to the chipy and had a walk by the canal, they never tried that on again, LOL.

When my Mum began nursing she got sent to stores for a neck tourniquet.

Very funny story! When I first started as an office junior, they sent me to Stationery for a left handed notepad and pencil! Gits!

I feel for you though, as last time we had a skip, when I booked it, I was warned the if the contents came over the top edge, they'd take the excess off in situ! I was shreiking like a fishwife at everyone not to overload it and threatening them with allsorts!

Do you think we take these thiings too seriously sometimes? :D

I was once sent for a welders punch and i got one

That's reminded me, I'm off to B & Q for a long weight, I have a feeling a may be gone a while :hihi:

And don't forget the paint with the stripes in, God when I think of the things that went off when I was a lad at work lol.

Jaynie.......don't worry. You aren't the first to be had and you certainly won't be the last. Laugh at it and then plot your revenge.

I only found out what greedy boards were a few years back when a friend was invited to xmas dinner. He told all his mates that he needed greedy boards for his plate. I thought I had done something wrong until I found out that he was actually complimenting me on his fantastic xmas dins. lol.

Some might say that given the length of my "tooth" I should have heard of the phrase, but I hadn't.