Sheffield Star street vendors

The City around Fargate and Castle Markets seems to have one on every corner. They appear like modern day Quasi Modos.... lazy eyed and listless, as if to muster rising from their seat would be an ordeal.

They may indeed sell a fair number of copies of Sheffield's finest rag to passers by, but would not a far less traumatic purchasing experience be found by buying the Star from a newsagent? The image of these sellers across this area of the city must really detract to the City's appeal to visitors.

The City around Fargate and Castle Markets seems to have one on every corner. They appear like modern day Quasi Modos.... lazy eyed and listless, as if to muster rising from their seat would be an ordeal.

They may indeed sell a fair number of copies of Sheffield's finest rag to passers by, but would not a far less traumatic purchasing experience be found by buying the Star from a newsagent? The image of these sellers across this area of the city must really detract to the City's appeal to visitors.

at least they don't badger you like the oiks selling the Big Issue :gag:

at least they don't badger you like the oiks selling the Big Issue :gag:

True, some big issue sellers can be a bit too persistant. However at least they are making the effort to sell, the star vendors just sit there like giant sea slugs.

I really don't see any problem with them.

I have noticed when I visit Fargate near Marks and Spencer the Big Issue Sellers seem to smoke cannabis, well atleast the young chap about 20's does. I just feel sorry for their dogs who appear to be ok in health but it is not a place for homeless dogs, they do wear dog coats but dont have regular food or essential clean fresh water. I applaud the Cathedral homeless shelter and St. Annes Community Services for their help, but we should as the english society should be looking in to moving away from Big issue enterprises and placing them into accommodation, help with addictions and training for jobs. I am fed up of seeing eastern europeans taking our jobs and becoming service users, I watched the Tonight programme last night on ITV1 regarding Polish workers on Construction sites. This is cheap labour, they have language barriers and lack of helath and safety knowledge, the point I am making is that this is boom time in terms of regeneration and community development of our Towns and Cities, so get rid of Big Issue sellers and place them into assisted help. We pay our taxes for for goods and services, so come on Government and Council help them and help us who sometimes get targetted for some abuse from some sellers who dont make any sales due to them and their attitude and behaviour. The UK Commerce and Industry should be about training for skills and implimenting them in whatever industry, not about making money out of Big Issue sellers because of their status and backgound.

However at least they are making the effort to sell, the star vendors just sit there like giant sea slugs.

They do call out occasionally.. i think its a greeting call to the other vendors in the area in their own secret tongue.

They do call out occasionally.. i think its a greeting call to the other vendors in the area in their own secret tongue.

Its usually a deep grunt followed by a dollop of phlegm.

FFS Can people not find something to moan about thats worth moaning about.

Cant see a problem with them or big issue sellers to be honest they are only doing their job, the canvasers on fargate do bug me sometimes though i must admit.

I thought street vendors for the star are self employed?

FFS Can people not find something to moan about thats worth moaning about.

Agreed. This thread takes the biscuit for the most mongoloid contribution to this forum.

Agreed. This thread takes the biscuit for the most mongoloid contribution to this forum.

What has it got to do with the characteristics of or resembling a Mongol?

I have noticed when I visit Fargate near Marks and Spencer the Big Issue Sellers seem to smoke cannabis, well atleast the young chap about 20's does. I just feel sorry for their dogs who appear to be ok in health but it is not a place for homeless dogs, they do wear dog coats but dont have regular food or essential clean fresh water. I applaud the Cathedral homeless shelter and St. Annes Community Services for their help, but we should as the english society should be looking in to moving away from Big issue enterprises and placing them into accommodation, help with addictions and training for jobs. I am fed up of seeing eastern europeans taking our jobs and becoming service users, I watched the Tonight programme last night on ITV1 regarding Polish workers on Construction sites. This is cheap labour, they have language barriers and lack of helath and safety knowledge, the point I am making is that this is boom time in terms of regeneration and community development of our Towns and Cities, so get rid of Big Issue sellers and place them into assisted help. We pay our taxes for for goods and services, so come on Government and Council help them and help us who sometimes get targetted for some abuse from some sellers who dont make any sales due to them and their attitude and behaviour. The UK Commerce and Industry should be about training for skills and implimenting them in whatever industry, not about making money out of Big Issue sellers because of their status and backgound.

Do you know, I'm coming over all "deja vu" here, this is a word for-word identipost to what you said in another thread.