SUFC 15,000 Season Tickets sold so far

you can't be knocking united for giving a fairer deal .

like you say if wednesday did the same you would have bought them .

this is the wednesday who say the have plans to get more supporters in the stadium . i think they must be going to offer more cheap seats like the norwich game , so buying the inflated season ticket might not be a good move.

I'm not knocking them at all; I'm p****d off at Wednesday as I have two little lads who'd love a season ticket but I just can't afford their prices at the moment, whereas I could afford Uniteds:mad:

The point I am making relates to the potential for distorted figures if the freebies and cheap uns are included in the figures United are quoting.

The point I am making relates to the potential for distorted figures if the freebies and cheap uns are included in the figures United are quoting.

it says on the wbsite tickets sold so i presume it does'nt mean under 12 freebies

plus you cant get out as much as when you was a young un so match day is a good p*** up with lads/blokes you've been mates with for years and to get away from the mrs for a few hours.

True but you always get a few who go missing.

I've been well and truly bitten by the bug for the last 20yrs and i go to the match for the friendship and Blades family as much as i do the match but i understand those who might have money issues who can't afford to go week in week out.

By potential for distorted figures do you mean like

Sheff Wed vs West Brom 18,805

Sheff Wed vs QPR 18,555

Sheff wed vs Palace 19,875

Sheff Wed vs Stoke 21,857

Sheff wed vs Plymouth 20,635

Sheff wed vs Norwich 36,208

That last one was a little distorted dont you think ;)

I wonder what the real crowds would have been like for the others if the freebies and cheap ones werent included :hihi::hihi:

Just out of interest have wednesday increased season ticket prices for next season?

True but you always get a few who go missing.

I've been well and truly bitten by the bug for the last 20yrs and i go to the match for the friendship and Blades family as much as i do the match but i understand those who might have money issues who can't afford to go week in week out.

yep i agree with the genuine skint folks. but its surprising how most can find an extra shilling for the premier and cardiff/wembley finals.

anyhow lets not go off topic. must admit i'm a tad surprised most are renewing after the robson fiasco. just shows what blackwell is doing.

yep i agree with the genuine skint folks. but its surprising how most can find an extra shilling for the premier and cardiff/wembley finals.

anyhow lets not go off topic. must admit i'm a tad surprised most are renewing after the robson fiasco. just shows what blackwell is doing.

I think now Blackwell has got the Blades feeling back into Bramall Lane the majority are more than happy to shell out a very reasonable £300 for a season ticket.

Before you start sounding off all cocky, I have just spoken to a friend at Hillsborough, and he says that the difference between united season ticket sales and Wednesday at the moment is only 1.

(Unfortunately the '1' happens to be the left most digit!)

Young Frank, you do make me laugh sometimes! Quality response!

it says on the wbsite tickets sold so i presume it does'nt mean under 12 freebies

In fairness,it could be considered as 'sold' as all U-12s have to be registered as Junior Blades, which does cost £10. And yes, I've taken advantage of it for my youngest.

So that's an extra one to pay for on matchdays ...... typical ......

I don't blame the stay away Wednesday fans.

I've always tried to support the Blades through thick and thin, i've had a season ticket for a number of years and was one of the 8500 at Neil Warnocks first match but as you get older priorities change and if you're not enjoying your Saturday afternoons anymore why waste the money?

Football is an expensive doings these days, i don't have kids to support but i do have a mortgage and bills to pay so i fully understand the plight of the stay away fan.

The Wednesday board are shooting themselves in the foot and treating the fans badly at the moment.

Well, the 8500 was actually A Drain Heath's last match 'in charge' (loosely speaking). As I recall, the home match v Portsmouth had a much larger following.

I do agree with you though. The difference is that that lot expect people to turn up blindly; United learnt the lesson.

Day Before Thursday seem to be doing the best to bite the hand that feeds them.

Come on guys lets be honest the Blades season tickets are very good value for money, it's not some sort of major resurgence of support. On the other hand the Owls board think its good business to sell tickets at over inflated prices.Ticket sales will hit an all time low this season, unless the take over goes through.

I was speaking to a friend of mine yesterday who was going to renew his season ticket at the lane today.

He was getting his daughter one too (for the first time) as it was only £10 for the season.

I think the same at Hillsborough is £120.

And they wonder why we'll be selling less this year than last.