Who do I report rubbish just dumped on the pavement to?

i opened my curtains this morning to a horrible mess opposite my house, the family living opposite me are polish, so i cant ask them to move the mess , as they dont speak english, they have cleared the house out including carpets and dumped eveything on the pavement, there is no room to walk and looks totally horrible, im not gonna let them get away with creating so much mess to my street, who can i report this to?would it be sheffield city council?

give them a chance to clear it up .

and what do you mean you cant ask them because they don't speak english ? just point at it they will know . however i suspect your presuming too much.

not really , as normally people would hire a skip a day before they having a clear out, not decide to chuck it out on the pavement instead, they shouldnt be able to do this, i have to take my buggy into the middle of the road around the cars to get to the other side.

try getting someone on here to write a letter for you in polish asking them to move it all - there are some very clever people on this forum!

Give them a chance to move it. They could have someone with a van coming to take it away.

Given that it's only been 3-4 hours, I'd close your curtains back up, and let people get on with their own business.

Not everyone can afford a skip, as they don't particularly come cheap, especially when stacked up against the minimal cost of a 'mate with a van'.

You should be pleased that they appear to care enough about their home to give it a thorough clear out and spruce up.

"Street Force is only responsible for clearing fly tipping if it is on the highway.

If there are accumulations of rubbish on the highway, please report it to the Contact Centre on telephone number (0114) 273 4567. Please give us the street name and any nearby property number or landmark. This will help ensure that the rubbish is quickly removed."

Looks like you're snookered if it's only been dumped on the pavement - if any of it is on the roadway phone the above number.

Give them a chance to clear it up first.

The council should move it if not. A few years ago I woke up one morning to a load of rubbish including a settee dumped on a footpath at the back of my house (lived in a terrace). I phoned the council and told them I had viewings on my house in 2 days and could someone please clear away the rubbish. Got home from work the next day and it was all gone. Neighbour told me the council came first thing and removed it all

I think you are being far too fussy.

You have already admitted that you haven't tried to ask them about it.

There are far too many curtain twitchers these days, who complain about others in a supicious manner, without knowing the actual facts of the situation.

I suggest you go and ask them what is happening before you decide to take any action.

"Street Force is only responsible for clearing fly tipping if it is on the highway.

If there are accumulations of rubbish on the highway, please report it to the Contact Centre on telephone number (0114) 273 4567. Please give us the street name and any nearby property number or landmark. This will help ensure that the rubbish is quickly removed."

Looks like you're snookered if it's only been dumped on the pavement - if any of it is on the roadway phone the above number.

The 'Highway' in terms of Streetforce does include footpaths - any public right of way. Streetforce would clear it, but as posters have said, either give them or chance or speak/gesticulate to them and see what they are doing about it. If nothing happens, get the Council involved.

Sounds to me like they are having a clear out. I imagine its pretty certain that they won't leave it outside their house! What a ridiculous thread! The epitome of an interferring neighbour!