Surely the BBC should scrap all local radio to save funds rather than cutting back on every live sport?

Who really listens to it 90% of the time? The only useful bit is the local sports coverage, and a long time ago they used to tell you when the schools were shut :hihi:.

All of the local content they 'provide' could be accessed on the internet, if it's not already on there anyway.

Although if they scrapped it what would all the Alan Partridge types do?

They'd live in Harley and run comedy clubs.

Surely the BBC should scrap all local radio to save funds rather than cutting back on every live sport?

Who really listens to it 90% of the time? The only useful bit is the local sports coverage, and a long time ago they used to tell you when the schools were shut :hihi:.

All of the local content they 'provide' could be accessed on the internet, if it's not already on there anyway.

This may surprise you but not everybody is interested in sport

Just turned on the radio, Radio Sheffield on, 'Clueless', what a fantastically appropriate name! Absolute unlistenable, excruciatingly embarrassing pony!

Couldn't agree more. What a waste of prime weekend air time. How did this get past the editors. Aimlessly, with vague directions driving a vehicle around to boring locations. How can you appreciate that on a radio program?

what's next, paint by numbers on radio? Pointless and clueless.

If you want quality on Radio Sheff, John Kanes show 6pm on Saturday (unless Praise or Grumble overruns) - soul, Northern & Motown. Gets me dancing every week as I put the oven chips in

John Kanes plays top music, but his voice drives me absolutely mad. Sounds like he's out of breath and wheezing all the time... Not a voice for radio

Today's phone in 'Your job, career choice, are you happy at work'.

How original - they can't have had a phone in on this topic for a least a couple of months.

Constant drivel and don't get me started on the buffoons who do the outside broadcasts.

Blimey....some folk have nothing better to do than moan about this presenter and that presenter...

If you dont like Radio Sheffield...listen to something else...

Is it really that difficult to do...

But give it a rest coming on here,moaning constantly....

Guest makapaka
Blimey....some folk have nothing better to do than moan about this presenter and that presenter...

If you dont like Radio Sheffield...listen to something else...

Is it really that difficult to do...

But give it a rest coming on here,moaning constantly....

It's an Internet forum - is it really that difficult to just not click on this thread and click on another one??

What do you think about the radio Sheffield presenters?

It's an Internet forum - is it really that difficult to just not click on this thread and click on another one??

What do you think about the radio Sheffield presenters?

Id worked out its an internet forum & no its not difficult to click on this thread and another....Just as its not difficult to switch off something you dont like listening too...

I dont mind the majority of presenters on Radio Sheffield....some more than others...but i dont feel the need to go on and on about it....;)

I dont mind the majority of presenters on Radio Sheffield....some more than others...but i dont feel the need to go on and on about it....;)

But some do like to go on about it, I don't see the issue. Surely this is the whole point of an internet forum based on all things Sheffield ?

But some do like to go on about it, I don't see the issue. Surely this is the whole point of an internet forum based on all things Sheffield ?

Its not an issue...its just a opinion...

Now then...Pressman.

What a monumental bore. He is moulded out of the "Smashie and Nicie" stereotype.

Today, he follows up a serious report about a shooting in Mexborough with his daily inane phone- in topic..." What's the food you can't resist?"

Insensitive, thick, boring? Yes, all of these, like the same old saddoes who stroke his ego every Sunday morning, on Clueless (cue switch to Radio Anything). I mean, today's clue, "Reverse a mark, and add part of a candle"? Derrrrrr.....

He lives in North Derbyshire, where bore holes are being drilled to test for fracking. Start with his gob.