I am 47 and mainly listened to "Radio" Hallam in the 70s and 80s and the great phone-ins of the 90s, when it was known as Hallam FM (or The New Hallam FM), but now I am older i prefer Radio Sheffield, just like i prefer Radio 2 to Radio 1 these days. My preferences to presenters on Radio Sheffield are: RONY ROBINSON, who has been with the station for going on 30 years. I remember hearing Rony on the "Tony (Capstick) and Rony Show", in the mid 80s on Radio Sheffield (the only time I really used to ever listen to RS). The show was just so funny and they both went together so well. Any way, Rony is such a professional and to me he is still the BEST after all these years.

I also really like Paulette Edwards, as she is so natural and down to earth and plays a good variety of good music. She has done extremely well coming through the ranks, as I remember her when she answered the phones and worked on reception. She has done really well for herself. Oh... and i enjoy Jimmy Carol too!!! :)

Edited by Joe9T

This mornings 8am travel news was a complete disgrave : a saturday service will operate on supertram, its a sunday service and there is a bus replacement service between fitzalan sq and shalesmoor due to tram track work on west st.

This was corrected at 830 but no mention of any other bus/ train service timetable changes .

Time for them to give up I think

You can't get rid of Toby, he's a national treasure! My morning drive to work wouldn't be the same without him.

Roney on the other hand sends me to sleep. I appreciate that his slot appeals to older listeners, but his voice is so very slow.

The only other time I catch Radio Sheffield is late at night on a Friday or Saturday, and always seem to pick up a mad squeaky woman who regularly appears to phone in. Ginny I think her name is. I can't always understand her.

Finally, why oh why does Football Heaven have to run at the peak time for commuters driving home. Not everyone likes football you know...

You can't get rid of Toby, he's a national treasure! My morning drive to work wouldn't be the same without him.

Radio Sheffield is mind numbingly tedious and parochial. They go out of their way to avoid contentious issues for fear of upsetting anyone in authority. Their left wing bias is so blatant it makes a mockery of any serious discussions they do have. And their obsession with third rate football to fill up the schedule was the last straw for me. I would rather drive to work in silence than listen to Foster's inane drivellings. If Foster's a national treasure he needs burying on an uncharted desert island. But, I don't have to listen to him because I have DAB radio in the car.

ive tried listening to radio sheffield for the wednesday matches on the bbcs site but it wouldnt let me as im not in the sheffield area :( so much fort paying my license fee tut

ive just installed radiosure tho where you can listen to the radio and guess what, i can listen to radio sheffield on it :D

roll on next season lol

ive tried listening to radio sheffield for the wednesday matches on the bbcs site but it wouldnt let me as im not in the sheffield area :( so much fort paying my license fee tut

ive just installed radiosure tho where you can listen to the radio and guess what, i can listen to radio sheffield on it :D

roll on next season lol

I still think you will NOT be able to listen to live commenteries, as this is not legally allowed. One way is to pay something like £4.29 per month to Owls Player online at their website, and u then can listen live home and away and any other football league match. You can also watch highlights and extended highlights of your team and also view interviews with players and manager, all for as little as £4.29 a month.

I would love to see Sheffield's very own John Shuttleworth have his own show on Radio Sheffield, a prime time slot like the Breakfast show would suit!

well said that man ;) couldnt agree more.. the toby foster show is still pretty good albeit lacking his woodseats sidekick, Jamie, that anna bird gets on my tits.. as for the other presenters the only one i would give any listening to is Howie pressman, steve white is a purile plonker from dingle land, gareth welshy is a boring as counting the number of atoms in a mars bar and roney robinson !! got his head so far up the bbc's backside he has to leave his shoe laces undone... the rest of em with exception to miss p are pants fill in sidekicks... Capstick was ace and the day they sacked him was the downfall of our own radio station,, een Roney had the nerve to stick a knife in tonys back when he died and had to apologise live on air... he has nothing but praise for him now the two faced gittish bbc pc git.. thats my two penneth then ;):D:D

Bang on Tony Capstick was ace. I asked him to play," my way" one Sunday afternoon his reply was, If tha thinks am playing that crap thas another think coming he then put on Peter Paul and Mary.

As for Toby Foster if you could understand a word he says he would be half decent .

I only listened to Toby Foster, he used to be good fun, but someone decided to do local "twee" issues, so Toby has to chat to people who have a cat with 5 legs, or some old biddy who was refused curry sauce on her chips... It became SO boooring

I only listened to Toby Foster, he used to be good fun, but someone decided to do local "twee" issues, so Toby has to chat to people who have a cat with 5 legs, or some old biddy who was refused curry sauce on her chips... It became SO boooring

I had a mate called Honk who used to go in the Red Lion behind the City Hall.?

Radio Sheffield is pretty decent.Northern Soul on Wednesday evenings,Football heaven etc.. Hallam FM is not a patch on what it use to be..should be renamed Big John @ Breakfast FM

Radio Sheffield is pretty decent.Northern Soul on Wednesday evenings.

Plus Phil Butler: Friday evening and (during the less-football season) on Tuesday evening too.