Is the premier league bent

maybe, but same in most divisions. apparently utd would of let soton win if you couldnt make the playoffs. would we of beaten norwich by that sort of score if they werent safe, maybe not. fact is if there are managers around that would throw a game to gain from it, nothing we can do about it

but not every club gives away a 20 million rated player.

tevez scored the winner, west ham stay up, tevez goes to man utd.

saturday man utd had to win. result 4-1 with 10 men.

and all tho most blades would want blades to throw a game to put wendy down if it was'nt detrimental to us. i dont believe we could.

us blades have never been able to rely on blades so how can any body else.

but then surely tevez would have more chance of a transfer if west ham went down surely, so then not in his best interests to get the winner. i just dont believe anyone would deliberately lose a game, be it a manager or player. if wednesday had gone down yesterday, is would of been because we werent good enough, not because you let soton win. utd went down because they werent good enough. if we looked in detail over every game played in most leagues, theres probably many times it could be said that the other team let them win for whatever reason

but then surely tevez would have more chance of a transfer if west ham went down surely, so then not in his best interests to get the winner. i just dont believe anyone would deliberately lose a game, be it a manager or player. if wednesday had gone down yesterday, is would of been because we werent good enough, not because you let soton win. utd went down because they werent good enough. if we looked in detail over every game played in most leagues, theres probably many times it could be said that the other team let them win for whatever reason

I'm with you on this david82.

I can't imagine anyone trying to throw a game for any reason.

you can go on forever about ifs and buts i'm asking do you think the premier's bent.

In answer to your question...Yes..and the reasons for this I think are; that its about keeping the big clubs, which globally people have heard of and want to watch on their TVs, in the top half of the table so guaranteeing TV revenue for the broadcasters.

I think that long term automatic promotion from the championship will become a thing of the past. Like the American (Gridiron) Football leagues relegation is not in the equation, clubs at the bottom of these leagues are not relegated. They have a guaranteed income every season.

It's becoming more about how the clubs become a global marketing brand and how that brand is projected to a world wide audience and less about the local supporters.

With this in mind the bigger clubs are more likely to take risks (choosing these words carefully) when safeguarding their position as a global brand.

Yes but you have to realise tevez was not owned by west sham in those matches he was still on loan and part owned by that agent. They made the documents to the premier league look legit but as we know the people who run football at the very top are not the sharpest tools in the box anyway. Tevez agent had him insured for the last few matches of the season incase he got injured. So he effectivley still owned him. I mean if you sold your house and moved elsewhere, you would not have your old house still insured by yourself would you.

players have been jailed for betting on the outcome of games ie trying to throw games.

They may have been sent to prison in the 1960s (and on the thinest of evidence) thinking of Bronco Lane and co. But they'd just get a slap on the wrist these days. Other players more recently have been accused of match fixing and what happened...sweet FA from the FA.

They may have been sent to prison in the 1960s (and on the thinest of evidence) thinking of Bronco Lane and co. But they'd just get a slap on the wrist these days. Other players more recently have been accused of match fixing and what happened...sweet FA from the FA.

Yeah well we all know what FA stands for regarding the football association don't we Fxxkin Axxxholes