American Diner / Cafe

To the OP - there's a unit available below the new anchor point apartments enxt to bramall lane. i do believe it has a hot food/bar license allready.

What with matchday and the new hotel across the road that will be prime real estate!!

I second this, we dont have too many nice places to go over this side of town, and usualy end up at the Toby at Dronfield...but if Ponderosa ever did open up here I would be in the queue no matter where in Sheffield it would be...

A

Diners arent an overpriced burger bar. They are somewhere to get a cup of coffee, some cheese fries and sit and talk to your mates well into the night. A diner is where Americans go after a night out of drinking to have some drunk food and to recap the nights happenings.

Do you not have kebab shops in America innit?

Not really. In the larger cities like NYC, Chicago, etc you may find one or two but nothing like whats here.

Diners are somewhere to sit down and wind down, not somewhere to get something on the go

If you're ever down in London visit Green Lanes or the kebab shop on Hackney Road near the city. Definitely somewhere to wind down and some of the lovliest food in the world, their char-grilled chicken kebabs and Turkish bread are amazing.

What would all you guys and girls think to an american cafe / diner serving freshly homemade american food such as chilli, pancakes , beef burgers , chicken and all typical american food. the diner would also serve milkshakes , american lager , and hot drinks etc. the diner would be a typical american surrondings so you would feel like you are in america, with american music and staff ! . the opening times would be 8am till 8pm serving brekfast , lunch and dinner , but if you dont want to eat you could drop by for a drink or two. the location would be either west street , meadowhall or Ecclesall road . do you guys and girls think that this place would work, any ideas / feedback would be much appreciated. :-)

I think its a great idea, as long as you know what you're doing, or have help off someone that does.

Try the Woodseats area, my daughter lives that way, and apart from KFC and a couple of cafes there's nowt :)

Sounds great, appeals to my secret Americano-philia. Just make sure it is authentic i.e. not like TGI Friday's with lots of rubbish nailed to walls and not all just deep fried meat and potatoes in one form or other - why not concentrate on one area of the US perhaps - making that your unique selling point?

Now that's cunning plan...done properly it would make a refreshing change from the generic American style food we see over here :)