Where can I buy these ingredients?

I need to get my hands on the following, anyone know where (preferably Sheffield city centre) sells them:

quinoa

linseeds

barley flakes

rye flakes

millet flakes

rice flakes

quinoa flakes

buckwheat flakes

I don't even know what quinoa is!

Originally posted by bassman-x

I need to get my hands on the following, anyone know where (preferably Sheffield city centre) sells them:

quinoa

linseeds

barley flakes

rye flakes

millet flakes

rice flakes

quinoa flakes

buckwheat flakes

Not sure where you would find them bassman but "quinoa" is the seed of a distant relative of the spinach plant.

Not City Centre but try Beanies.

I think it's on Barber Road - just above the University and before you get to Commonside - take the 95 from town out towards Walkley.

They're in the book, anyway! Im pretty sure they'll have those things but might be worth calling them.

Joe

Have you tried the Wicker herbal store in Meadowhall, and/or Holland & Barret?

I've usually found unusual things there when I've been after them?

I have only tried tesco and waitrose so far, was thinking of trying beanies, I'll have to pop up there after work, I think they're open lateish.

You will definetly find them all in Holland & Barretts, they do all these foods as they promote Dr Gillian McKeiths suggested diet & Nutrition plan.

I believe that Quinoa is just like porriage which you have in the morning for breakfast.

Hope this helped

Jo

Try Julian Graves - they have a department in Atkinson's on The Moor.

http://www.juliangraves.com/?PageID=6

There's a little shop just up from Scotts Pantry (near Red Hot Chilli) on Glossop Road that is similar to Beanies.

Or try Waitrose - they have a good selection of more unusual ingredients.

You can get Quinoa from the Wicker herbalists in town and red Quinoa from The evil that is Holland and Barrett. Red stuff seems a bit chewy. I think the wicker herbalist will have quite a few of the other things as well. Also Waitrose is quite good or the health food shop near hunters bar roundabout is another place to try.

If you know what 'language' cooking you're doing, we could point you to the right neighbourhood for a local grocer :thumbsup:

a bit of info regarding quinoa can be found here...

http://www.pipedreamdesign.co.uk/quinoa/ or try

Zed on the Edge

3 Nether Edge Road,

Nether Edge, Sheffield,

S7.

0114 255 2153

Mon-Sat 9-7, Sun 11-5.

Wholefood shop with huge range of vegetarian/vegan products, many local; organic bread; organic veg. box delivery scheme.

You treat quinoa like cous cous if i remember corerctly.

Originally posted by bassman-x

mmmm quinoa is really nice, and yes Zed's in Nether edge is a one stop shop for all these ingredients, they're great, also u might be able to find them in New Roots opposite the hallamshire hospital if u're going in the direction of west street, or the New Roots on the top of burngreave road opposite burngreave library, and also Nature's Trail on hunter's bar on the corner of the roundabout opposite the park, and of course the Wicker herbalist in town though it's not particularly a food shop..