National speed limit road signs - rant

no, but driving too slow can be seen as driving without due care and attention becuase youre obviously not aware of your road and its limits

It is also a driving test FAIL!

If everyone drove at the maximum speed limit then would that mean that there would be no overtaking. When the first vehicle in the traffic braked for a junction or any reason then everyone else would brake at the same time, except the tailgater who would have the jam his breaks on and that would cause everyone the brake sharply. Then there is the 60 is not fast enough driver who would be overtaking who would hit the car that pulls out to avoid the car in front, result pileup. Varying speeds are essential for safe driving because the slower driver invariably has a gap infront so the the speed merchant can pull in to avoid the approaching traffic.

If everyone drove at the maximum speed limit then would that mean that there would be no overtaking. When the first vehicle in the traffic braked for a junction or any reason then everyone else would brake at the same time, except the tailgater who would have the jam his breaks on and that would cause everyone the brake sharply. Then there is the 60 is not fast enough driver who would be overtaking who would hit the car that pulls out to avoid the car in front, result pileup. Varying speeds are essential for safe driving because the slower driver invariably has a gap infront so the the speed merchant can pull in to avoid the approaching traffic.
:hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

And your point is?

And your point is?
Didn't have one, just laffing at your post.

I don't know if its the same road your talking about but I always seem to experience this on the road between the City school roundabout and roundabout near Crystal Peaks the one which takes you past Shirebrook. Loads of people go 40 on there I'll overtake then with no one on the other side and they'll flash me thinking they're telling me I'm speeding. When In reality these people probably have never done a thoery test and don't understand this and manay road signs. They get on my wick ( I'm not a candle just to clarify).

Correct Quag.

I can't believe how many drivers travel at 30 & 40 in this 60 limit.:loopy::rant:

Its never the speed alone either,these people have to wear out the white line in the centre of the road,obstructing anyones progress,while braking at every lamp post and slight curve in the road,compulsory retests would do away with these ignorant idiots who are a real danger to other road users,they normally have bad attitude too.

Wow, 60mls per hour on Sheffield roads, didn't know so many of you were into extreme sports. :hihi:

Its never the speed alone either,these people have to wear out the white line in the centre of the road,obstructing anyones progress,while braking at every lamp post and slight curve in the road,compulsory retests would do away with these ignorant idiots who are a real danger to other road users,they normally have bad attitude too.

I followed a civic today, towards Ulley. Through the 60 limit (admittedly narrow and windy) road she did <30 mph, breaking excessively at every corner. As soon as we hit the 30 limit at Ulley and the road had a white line she was off, at least 40 as she left me behind. I then caught her up again on the other side, her now doing 50 on a fairly normal 60 limit B road.

Didn't have one, just laffing at your post.

So I take it that you do not like walking behind people who ae not walking as fast as you

So I take it that you do not like walking behind people who ae not walking as fast as you

:confused: