Grand National 2008 - Anyone having a bet?

They don't exist anymore mate. No 'quadcast' bet, if you like! There used to be a 'Trio' on the Tote, which was the first three in any order, so perming four selections would end up being four bets, but they disappeared along with Dual Forecasts about 10 years ago.

Like I said it was back in 1981!

The bet may not have an official name for the first four home, but if bets can be taken on fallers at the first fence, then why not a bet on the first four home.

Seems odd to me that you can't place that bet, but you can place the number of fallers at the first fence?:confused:

Like I said it was back in 1981!

The bet may not have an official name for the first four home, but if bets can be taken on fallers at the first fence, then why not a bet on the first four home.

Seems odd to me that you can't place that bet, but you can place the number of fallers at the first fence?:confused:

No, you can't bet on the number of fallers at a fence, and without a doubt in the high street bookies.

No, you can't bet on the number of fallers at a fence, and without a doubt in the high street bookies.

Err I think you can on the National, the BBC quoted the odds Saturday that you could get on it!

BetFair had a "special" market open to bet on the amount of horses that finish the race.

BetFair had a "special" market open to bet on the amount of horses that finish the race.

Nitpicking, but that's not the same as the number of fallers.

Hurray I won £20!

I also won a tenner on the sweep at work, was off yesterday so didnt find out til today!! :D

Here's the proof that Stan James offered the bet:

[/url]

well, there you have it. he's got proof and that means he wins this round! lol. :hihi:

Congrats to the winners :)

EDIT: Wrong year. Embarrassed, lol.