Anyone remember Marcus St at Pitsmoor?

Hi frank Nora Armitage here. You mention Jean Martin she was a special friend of mine, we were in the swimming team together with Molly Athorn Miss Morton was the swimming teacher, I have a photograph of the four of us in the playground at Pye bank school. Falls is the one with all the names you should read his posts, by the way I seem to remember that all the girls were crazy about Darrell Stent is he still goodlooking.Good to know there are still a few of us still around. Bye for now, "narmi"

Did Molly Athorn have a brother called Derek.If so he was in our class a Burngreave.

Did you live in the same yard as the Homers.Did you know the Haythorns.By the way we played and knocked about with all the people you mentioned but we were from the Wicker.

No. I remember Eric Homer, a bit older than me, in the next yard, I think. Some of us played football in the Wicker every Sunday with two families, the only ones living in that area, near the Harlequin pub, the Dempseys and their neighbors, Jack and Dick (can't remember their surname)

No. I remember Eric Homer, a bit older than me, in the next yard, I think. Some of us played football in the Wicker every Sunday with two families, the only ones living in that area, near the Harlequin pub, the Dempseys and their neighbors, Jack and Dick (can't remember their surname)

Sent you a P.M.

• 1 year later...

,hi there , just joined the forum ,i lived on marcus street at verdon street end no 32 i think, it was a back to back house ,some of names i recall were lucas, white, gott, scaife and robinson, does any one remember mick gott having a goat that escaped and chased dave thompson down road,also there was the timbles on verdon street does any one know any of them .

Edited by spider legs

yes i lived on marcus street, at verdon street end they were back to back houses as i recall some of them ,we used to spend ages playing down on bull rocks and tunnel ,can anyone remember name of tunnel?

Fiery Jack if I remember correctly.

,hi there , just joined the forum ,i lived on marcus street at verdon street end no 32 i think, it was a back to back house ,some of names i recall were lucas, white, gott, scaife and robinson, does any one remember mick gott having a goat that escaped and chased dave thompson down road,also there was the timbles on verdon street does any one know any of them .

Hi,

I remember Mick Gott and his goat, he also has a sister but I can't remember her name