Anyone remember Marcus St at Pitsmoor?

yes june still goes to BINGO

i married her been maried now for forty six years

brian lucas still drives taxis (not black cabs)

I lived there as a baby in 1955/56/57 but it is long gone.

I think it was on a hill and there was a shop at the top of the hill?

Hi Frankie,

I lived on Fox Hill which was exactly opposite the end of Marcus St. as it crossed Rock Street. I think the houses numbered from the Brunswick Rd end, (nearest the Town) so you were at Court 28 / House no. 5, in that Court. This was the only hilly part of Marcus St, which was from Rock Street to Fitzalan St. Bottom of the hilly part was the Fitzalan Tavern.

So the shop at the top of the hill would be the Newsagents on the corner Rock Street/ Marcus St. At the other end of the parade of shops Rock St / Sone St. was Caira's.

By the way my Dad looked after Obourne St "Wembley" till he retired.

Just joined sheffieldforum and browsing. Many of my old pals are mentioned but I don't know by whom? Nicknames aren't very helpful. I spent my childhood living in Marcus St (the Verdon St end) from 1936 until 1955. My close pals (all on Marcus St) were Brian Warburton, Darrell Stent (still see him), Ron Ballard (and him), Birk Lucas, Norman Robinson and know about their families. Our yard (court 3) overlooked the Bull Rocks. Jean and Graham Martin; Pat, Gladys and Stuart Morton were also in the yard. Mary, June and Brian Lucas were Birk's siblings Harry Coggin lived round the corner in Verdon St.

Just joined sheffieldforum and browsing. Many of my old pals are mentioned but I don't know by whom? Nicknames aren't very helpful. I spent my childhood living in Marcus St (the Verdon St end) from 1936 until 1955. My close pals (all on Marcus St) were Brian Warburton, Darrell Stent (still see him), Ron Ballard (and him), Birk Lucas, Norman Robinson and know about their families. Our yard (court 3) overlooked the Bull Rocks. Jean and Graham Martin; Pat, Gladys and Stuart Morton were also in the yard. Mary, June and Brian Lucas were Birk's siblings Harry Coggin lived round the corner in Verdon St.

Did you live in the same yard as the Homers.Did you know the Haythorns.By the way we played and knocked about with all the people you mentioned but we were from the Wicker.

I knew Stuart Morton and Brian Lucas from the names you have mentioned. Also Tony Holiday who lived near you if not in your actual yard. Other names Richard Pascoe, John Boyle the Campbell brothers from that area.

Hi frank Nora Armitage here. You mention Jean Martin she was a special friend of mine, we were in the swimming team together with Molly Athorn Miss Morton was the swimming teacher, I have a photograph of the four of us in the playground at Pye bank school. Falls is the one with all the names you should read his posts, by the way I seem to remember that all the girls were crazy about Darrell Stent is he still goodlooking.Good to know there are still a few of us still around. Bye for now, "narmi"

Hi frank Nora Armitage here. You mention Jean Martin she was a special friend of mine, we were in the swimming team together with Molly Athorn Miss Morton was the swimming teacher, I have a photograph of the four of us in the playground at Pye bank school. Falls is the one with all the names you should read his posts, by the way I seem to remember that all the girls were crazy about Darrell Stent is he still goodlooking.Good to know there are still a few of us still around. Bye for now, "narmi"

Did Molly Athorn have a brother called Derek.If so he was in our class a Burngreave.

Did you live in the same yard as the Homers.Did you know the Haythorns.By the way we played and knocked about with all the people you mentioned but we were from the Wicker.

No. I remember Eric Homer, a bit older than me, in the next yard, I think. Some of us played football in the Wicker every Sunday with two families, the only ones living in that area, near the Harlequin pub, the Dempseys and their neighbors, Jack and Dick (can't remember their surname)

No. I remember Eric Homer, a bit older than me, in the next yard, I think. Some of us played football in the Wicker every Sunday with two families, the only ones living in that area, near the Harlequin pub, the Dempseys and their neighbors, Jack and Dick (can't remember their surname)

Sent you a P.M.

,hi there , just joined the forum ,i lived on marcus street at verdon street end no 32 i think, it was a back to back house ,some of names i recall were lucas, white, gott, scaife and robinson, does any one remember mick gott having a goat that escaped and chased dave thompson down road,also there was the timbles on verdon street does any one know any of them .

Edited by spider legs

yes i lived on marcus street, at verdon street end they were back to back houses as i recall some of them ,we used to spend ages playing down on bull rocks and tunnel ,can anyone remember name of tunnel?

yes i lived on marcus street, at verdon street end they were back to back houses as i recall some of them ,we used to spend ages playing down on bull rocks and tunnel ,can anyone remember name of tunnel?

Fiery Jack if I remember correctly.