3rd professional club in sheffield

bladesman 91

not really- IF they get booted out of millmoor there is a possibility that in the intrim period until there stable again (or if they go out of business) don valley has been named as a possible temporary home along with doncasters ground and both the sheffield teams.

not really- IF they get booted out of millmoor there is a possibility that in the intrim period until there stable again (or if they go out of business) don valley has been named as a possible temporary home along with doncasters ground and both the sheffield teams.

Sharing with either Sheffield team is a none starter, the stadiums are too big for them and both teams pitches are in a bad enough state without additional matches been played on them.

I think Don Valley might be the best option, its closest to Millmoor and the additional revenue would come in handy.

Why not play on a non league teams ground, Stocksbridge Park Steels ground would be a great venue and would probably generate a bit of local interest.

Sharing with either Sheffield team is a none starter, the stadiums are too big for them and both teams pitches are in a bad enough state without additional matches been played on them.

I think Don Valley might be the best option, its closest to Millmoor and the additional revenue would come in handy.

Why not play on a non league teams ground, Stocksbridge Park Steels ground would be a great venue and would probably generate a bit of local interest.

With Steels ground, the same pitch problem would crop up. Steels have about 4 games in hand over other teams in the league because of the pitch. The stand casts a shadow over the pitch, and the sun doesn't get to it enough. I still love going up there for a match though!

The Sheffield Steelers are moving to a new project, the Yes! Project or something in a few years. Might be worth Rotherham looking into that.

True about the state of both pitches.

As for the non league idea they couldn;t as football league grounds have to have strict safety requirements and i doubt that the stocksbridge ground would meet them.

i think that don valley would be the best option too.

True about the state of both pitches.

As for the non league idea they couldn;t as football league grounds have to have strict safety requirements and i doubt that the stocksbridge ground would meet them.

i think that don valley would be the best option too.

Stocksbridge is the only ground in England, as far as I'm aware that has a removable fence on one side, just to meet FA regulations. It still has a small amount of terracing too. Which would be a problem. Lovely little ground though, Bracken Moor.

Stocksbridge is the only ground in England, as far as I'm aware that has a removable fence on one side, just to meet FA regulations. It still has a small amount of terracing too. Which would be a problem. Lovely little ground though, Bracken Moor.

Ay, the Park Steels ground meets regulations as a few years ago they were held back a division as the ground wasn't up to stratch and they updated it at the time to meet the requirements of the Football League.

The Park Steels ground would accommodate the Rotherham fans (the ground has 2 stands), i went there a few years ago in the 1st round of the FA Cup when the Park Steels played Scarborough and a crowd of about 3k turned up.

It shouldn't need any more policing than it already does when RUFC plus one Sheffield team are at home - you'd just have to move the Rotherham coppers into Attercliffe for the day.

Is Rotherham's rugby union ground not an option? I have no idea how it would compare to Football League standards, but it has the obvious plus point of actually being in Rotherham.