Childhood illnesses, jabs and operations

Just have Calpol to hand, keep his fingernails short and don't let him pick or scratch the heads off or that may leave a scar. (I put socks on my kids hands to stop it).

Calamine lotion should soothe the itching too. :)

my yougest has had them since last friday,they look horrid,hoping to be back to school monday

My 18 month old has just had it. Took around 7 days for the spots to scab over. Only just taken her out of the house yesterday to be on the safe side.

I bathed her every night and put on Calamine lotion to help ease the itching. I cut her fingernails as short as I could and gave her calpol when her temp went up (this was only on day 4/5 for us).

wish my 2 would get them!

would like them to get them as they are 6 and 7 and i know its worse as you get older!

dunt get why they havnt had them yet to be honest!

wish my 2 would get them!

would like them to get them as they are 6 and 7 and i know its worse as you get older!

dunt get why they havnt had them yet to be honest!

not everyone does catch them,:)

the chicken pox virus hangs around in the population all the time - it's estimated that 1 person from any random group of 15 people will have the virus at high enough levels to cause an immune response, so even if your child has never had chicken pox it's pretty likely that they're immune because they will probably have been exposed to it previously. I've never had it, but have antibodies galore.

calamin cream is much better and less messy, also an antihistamine like piriton can help with the itching too :)

my little girl is now 7 months old and ive just noticed she has a tooth coming throw.

she is constantly crying, and winging, unless she is being carried around then most of the time she is fine.

today though shes not taking her bottle feeds as usual,

ive managed to get her to have part of a rusk and a bit of food and juice and 2 9oz bottles which isnt like her at all its usually 9oz bottle every 2-3 hours.

i dont know if this is because she is teething?

myother 2 never bothered when they were teething.

any advice please

Has she also got red cheeks and is drooling? Our lad has been doing that since just past 3 months (wish these flippin' teeth would just come through, grrrrr) - I rub his gums for him, or use teething gel or calpol as a last resort! Try those three steps!

yes she has bright red cheeks and snotty nose, and dribbling a lot ive tried teething gels they dont help for very long, tried calpol last night helped her to sleep for an hour anyway and she wont hav the teething rings just throws them at me lol.

i dont know if she needs to go to doctors

Have you taken her temperature? If she has a raised temp, regardless of whether it's due to teething or a minor illness, I'd be tempted to calpol - as Mathom said, it's a last resort as you don't want a calpol junkie on your hands (actually, calpol is quite good when kids aren't eating properly - even if you're only getting sugar into them by the calpol route it's better than nothing at all).

It's quite possible that she has an infection as well as the teething pain, and you'll never know which one is bothering her. I know it isn't much help this time, but take note of how long she continues to be clingy for so that next time she's teething/being ill you have a good idea of what behaviour to expect from her.