What's the weirdest road in Sheffield?

Wow! This thread is great! :thumbsup:

Being a foreigner "exiled" in Sheffield for the spring, I´ve now made a list of these roads so I can go see them. :)

The steepness of many roads are still to my amazement. I also had the displeasure of having my car break down going down Upperthorpe. Tried to get it towed back home to Longfield Road but that wasn´t possible due to the steepness!

Oh, btw, I´m Swedish ;)

it's a pity the wheelie bins clutter it up and make now, I suppose those houses have no front to back yard access so they have to be stored on the street.

your right about the wheelie bins cluttering up the place. i remember walking past the entrance to meadow terrace and instantly feeling the urge to walk down and see the place. if it wasn't for the wheelie bins everywhere i could quite easily have convinced myself i had gone back in time. it was very strange but in a nice way.

flodden street in crookes is not that unusual apart from it is not very long. however if you look in the sheffield a-z and look up flodden street in the index and then turn to the correct page it can be awkward to spot. it is there but it takes a little while to spot it.

Which clown at Sheffield City Council decided Mellor Lea Farm Garth was a suitable name for a road? :loopy:

the same wally that named "Royd Field Drive" at waterthorpe..

Royd...? that means field

field .. erm.. = field, too...

so that road's name means "field-field drive" ! talk about crackers!

Wow! This thread is great! :thumbsup:

Being a foreigner "exiled" in Sheffield for the spring, I´ve now made a list of these roads so I can go see them. :)

The steepness of many roads are still to my amazement. I also had the displeasure of having my car break down going down Upperthorpe. Tried to get it towed back home to Longfield Road but that wasn´t possible due to the steepness!

Oh, btw, I´m Swedish ;)

wow whats it like where u live normally then, no hills and everlasting cars lol.

Well, I usually live in Swedens third biggest town Malmö (on the other side of the straight from Copenhagen) and that town is flat like a pancake (Swedish saying) so towing cars all across town is no problem ;)

The towns in Sweden do look a lot different from UK. Mostly because people in Sweden prefer flats in the inner cities.

What strikes me most is the huge area occupied by housing compared to Swedish towns.

Well, sorry for the OT ;)

Hm... I can´t post my pretty links due to me being a noob ;)

Well, try this:

www malmo se (add dots)

Then click on the english flag in the left menu (not in the top) then click the top link in the menu: "Malmö - city of diversity and possibilities".

Then also try the link all the way down in the menu: Image library to see some nice pics of Malmö.

Quite different from Sheffield, agree?